By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What first got you into Videogames?

Pacman 1981 in an arcade.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Around the Network

I started with Commodore 64... International Karate+, Midnight Resistance, Commando (), Boulderdash etc. Than Amiga 600, PC, PSX and now PSP

My first was Sim City 3000 Im only 15 years old you see... I still love Sim City. I want sim city 5!

is this thread worth reviving? I went way back to look for anything interesting. For me it was pong. Yup. Pong. That was the beginning.

Same here... It was Pong that got me at the ripe ol' age of four and later transitioned into Pac-Man, DK, etc. Then when NES released, it was all about SMB and TLoZ.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Same here... It was Pong that got me at the ripe ol' age of four and later transitioned into Pac-Man, DK, etc. Then when NES released, it was all about SMB and TLoZ.

I think that is about how old I was, maybe five; I can't remember.  I am 32 now.

I remember playing Jumpman, Fraction Fever, Shamus, and King's Quest back on the PCJr in the DOS days. The game that really started my love for gaming (and the one that made me want to get into making games) was FFVI.

I was at my grandparents' house for a long stay, and my uncle brought over an N64 and a PS. The N64 had Mario Kart 64 and Starfox 64, and the PS had a racing game and a sport game I think.

I tried both, and decided I liked the controller of the N64 more. I couldn't figure out how to play any of the games well except Mario Kart, really.

Then I bought one for real, as well as a GBC with Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, which was excellent.

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

I'm 19 now, but I've been gaming since I was about 5.

Started with the Atari...played a bit before going to kindergarten, and then playing a bit after school...though I usually played more in the morning for some reason. I guess I used to like playing outside as a 5 year old hehe, imagine that.

Got a Genesis when I was 8, and played that for quite some time...I believe my parents regretting hooking me on videogames hehe.  But I still did excellent in school, so big deal.

Sold the Genesis and bought an N64 later on, then after that era I got a Gamecube...didn't play it as much, just not enough games I suppose.  Got a GBA when it came out, an SP, and then a DS last year.  Now I'm into PC, Wii, and DS games basically.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

My very frist was my bro's MS-DOS computer. He had F1, Aladin and Caveman. Aladin was the cream of the crop though. Totally loved it. They my sister's bf had a NES and he brought it home for me to try it. I remember the first time I turned on Super Mario Bros...

That was the day my life made a big turn. From that moment on I was a gamer. That was 1994... 13 years later and I'm still hanging :D

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers