By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What first got you into Videogames?

My very frist was my bro's MS-DOS computer. He had F1, Aladin and Caveman. Aladin was the cream of the crop though. Totally loved it. They my sister's bf had a NES and he brought it home for me to try it. I remember the first time I turned on Super Mario Bros...

That was the day my life made a big turn. From that moment on I was a gamer. That was 1994... 13 years later and I'm still hanging :D

"She can feel it changing her. It's becoming a part of her, corrupting her. But what frightens her most... she likes it!" - Effects of Phazon corruption.

Metroid Prime 3 Hype Level: Corrupted

Reviews:

1UP - 9.0 

IGN - 9.5

It is a hardcore game through and through. You will get your ass kicked by bosses. You will be stumped by the sometimes complex, but never overbearing, exploration.
"You'll never want to play any shooter with dual analog sticks ever again - it's THAT good.". - Gametrailers
Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:
My dad gave me an Atari in preschool...boy does he regret turning me into a gamer now haha. Games like Tank, River Raid, Frogger, Pitfall, PacMan. I was playing before I could read hehe.

River Raid!!!  I loved that game.  Anyone remember Warlords?  That was the first simultaneous 4-player game I fell in love with.

How about Swordquest?  I was determined to win that contest.

The first game I played though, had to have been Tank or Keystone Capers or something like that on the Atari 2600.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

This isn't console gaming, but I got hooked on PC gaming with the old text based games. Pitfall, Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy, Leather Goddesses of Phobos, the Zork games.

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Donkey kong country when i was just a boy... then after that i got back into it after watching my friend play ff 7 and 8 and a few other games, then i was hooked

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

It wasn't till I played a few arcade games at this old department store in town that I really became hooked. I remember spending all day playing Galaga, Pheonix, Mr Do, and others while my grandmother shopped. A couple years later my parents bought me a Colecovision and I haven't stopped playing games since.

To this day I have still my old Coleco. Occasionly I like to bring it out to play some old school games with my wife. Though the poor thing has about had it. I only have one original controller left and the expansion that lets me play atari games no longer works.

Around the Network
Hawk said:
BenKenobi88 said:
My dad gave me an Atari in preschool...boy does he regret turning me into a gamer now haha. Games like Tank, River Raid, Frogger, Pitfall, PacMan. I was playing before I could read hehe.

River Raid!!! I loved that game. Anyone remember Warlords? That was the first simultaneous 4-player game I fell in love with.

How about Swordquest? I was determined to win that contest.

The first game I played though, had to have been Tank or Keystone Capers or something like that on the Atari 2600.

Keystone Capers!  I remember that game because I had trouble reading the title in preschool...

And wow...I just accidently posted my story twice in this thread...I didn't realize this was from February...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I started out with an Atari 2600. I didn't get hooked into game until I got my hands on my Nes. I remember my first games Super Mario/Duck Hunt & Kung Fu.

"Everyone else see's the Joker laugh; only Harley has ever seen him cry."- Arleen Sorkin

In an hour of Darkness a blind man is
the best guide. In an age of Insanity
look to the madman to show the way.
- - Warhammer 40,000 rule book

BenKenobi88 said:
Hawk said:

Keystone Capers!  I remember that game because I had trouble reading the title in preschool...

And wow...I just accidently posted my story twice in this thread...I didn't realize this was from February...

I went way back into the forums to see if there was anything worth revisiting!

i played mariokart 64 at a friends house and liked it, so i got an n64 for christmas :D

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

My first system was the NES back in 89 i was 4, i still have the system and about 50 games, fun times :)