By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What first got you into Videogames?

Ummm ive been gaming since i was one...on the nes..played that for like 5 years...same game, never got Snes but i got a N64 and it keept me hooked forever and ever...so did gameboy color.

Around the Network

When I was about 3 years old, my mom's teenage brother (about 15 years younger than she is) was living in our house, and he had an Atari 2600.  He would play Asteroids and Space Invaders until the scoreboard ran out of digits.  He moved out shortly thereafter but left the 2600, and I accumulated about 10-15 games for it.  My favorite was Starmaster, which was probably the most advanced game the 2600 had.  It was a first-person space combat sim!

Anyway, the Atari market crashed and I grew tired of these games (honestly, how much replay value does Missile Command have?), so I didn't play video games for a few years.  When I turned 6 we moved into a new neighborhood, and a year or two later while we were swimming at a friend's house, I saw them playing Super Mario Bros.  This was the defining moment that got me hooked on video games for good, and I got my own NES and countless games from A Boy and His Blob to Zelda II.  From then on, there was no turning back.

After my mom or dad bought me a Nintendo 64 with Super Mario 64, I was hooked! I thought Mario was like the coolest thing ever! I wanted to play more Mario goodness, so it lead me to buying a GBA, GC, DS, and now a Wii. If my parents bought be something different, like a Playstation, I would probably be interested in totally different video games.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

Spacewars! Hosted on the PLATO system out of Urbana through a PDP-11.

I got to borrow a NES from a relative who was going away on summer camp. I got Super Mario Bros, Punch Out, Zelda, Rad Racer and Pro Wrestling. Then, the highly anticipated release of Zelda II came and I FINALLY got a NES of my own. :)
The year after I got Castlevania for Christmas.

Nostalgia!

Beware, I live!
I am Sinistar!
Beware, coward!
I hunger!
Roaaaaaaaaaar!

At least 62 million Wii sold by the end of 09 or my mario avatar will get sad
Around the Network

Street Fighter II

I bought a Super Nintendo for that game. 

Ishy said:
btw River Raid fans there's a DS version coming =)

NO WAI!!

I loved River Raid...that was probably my most played game in Kindergarten.

And I've been saying for a long time now, the DS needs more scrolling space or air shooters.  Sweet...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Wolf 3D on the PC.

My first console game was Super Mario Bros on the NES.

My cousins had Atari and Intellivision and I played those a couple times, but my parents bought me a NES when I was 6 and I was hooked. I've been playing games ever since.

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

My first ever gaming memory is Dr. Mario on the NES, when I was about 4 (or maybe 5) years old :)

Infact I think that was a NES bundle my mam and dad got me, god I remember so well playing it on some huge ass old wooden TV and the opening music to the game :D

Beautiful memory for me, 16 years later and I'm as passionate about gaming as I was since that great day.