By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What first got you into Videogames?

super mario bros. - nes

Around the Network

Wonder Boy on the Sega Master System. and Alex Kidd

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

The duckhunt/super mario bros combo cart on the NES was the first thing I played (I was about 5 or 6 at the time)

For me it was Command & Conquer 95 for the pc back in 97.

The Philidelphia was not an accident. It was a merciful bullet to the head of a malignant ideology. It was the death of fear and the birth of hope. Rejoice, children of Nod, the blood of your oppressors will flow and fifty years of tyranny will finally end. Transformation is coming. A new day will dawn. The future... is ours

My parents have told me that I used to sit in front of the TV with a game turned on at the title screen. Apparently I would think the gameplay videos that start after you wait a bit were me playing and it would entertain me for hours =P They thought it was hilarious so they let me do it.

But the joke was on them, I was hooked! And they would spend a lot of money on games from then on!

Edit: PS - I have no idea which games they were but it was around the early part of the NES lifetime. 

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Black Hand said:
For me it was Command & Conquer 95 for the pc back in 97.

The original Command & Conquer for free: http://www.commandandconquer.com/intel/default.aspx?id=61#NewsMain

Let nostalgia wash over you.

Final fantasy 7

What does ARXYLB do?

My first cognizant video game memory is Burgertime for the Intellivision. Good times.

When I first played the NES, it was on display, and I was playing an unknown (at the time) game with a guy beating a giant bat with throwing axes. I found out much later that this was Castlevania, but when I first got a NES I was introduced to super Mario Bros, and the first attempt to find the game I originally played on display led me to buying my second Nes game, Legend of Zelda. Happy times!