By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 hardware shortages

That is the reason behind the lower than expected sales of PS3 for this week. When more 80GB PS3's are available all regions PS3 hardware  will shoot back up. A constant supply of 80GB PS3's is needed to meet up with demand. Where I live PS3's are sold out everywhere. 40GB is the only PS3 model available here and that is sold out everywhere. The demand of the PS3 is reaching new highs with the launch of MGS 4 and lots of new exclusive PS3 titles are due out soon. It is the PS3 calm before the storm. Next week PS3 will have sold 200k hardware worldwide for the week.

Well people what do you think?

Around the Network

I think more like 190k, due to a drop in Japan and a raise in US

I would say your right.

When Sony get the 80Gb back in stock, sales will go higher.

It's me...  no really, it IS me!!!

The 80 gig is only available in America.

But that is the reason for the less than stellar PS3 sales in the United States.

80 GB PS3 should be available everywhere. That would help boost PS3 hardware sales through out the entire world.

Around the Network

You guys should all move to Canada, where I'm from nobody buys consoles or games so when I go to walmart there always over stalked. I went to Walmart Saturday there was about 20 - 25 Metal gear solid games a couple of Playstation 3's on display, all kinds of Xbox 360's and Wii's. I don't know what the demand for the guitar hero 3 for the wii is anymore but there was about 15 of them on display trying to sell.

You can't help but root for the underdog, GO PS3!

End of 08' Sales

Wii:                      39.56

Xbox 360:           24.75

Playstation 3:     20.58

Rock_on_2008 said:
80 GB PS3 should be available everywhere. That would help boost PS3 hardware sales through out the entire world.

I don't know really...

a ordinary 40GB PS3 cost arount 700$

a 80 BG with MGS4 would cost around 1000$

In europe atleast.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

200k sounds about right, possibly less. i'm Expecting it to go back to normal by mid-july.

PSN- williwod

Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people- Mr Garrison

The BC in the 80 GB version is definitely helping get some people back to considering PS3 purchases, how many remains yet to be seen.

80GB with MGS4 would be 500€ in europe, which is roughly 800$

SCEE is not taking care at all of us Europeans, while we are their biggest buyers, and by far.

Late hardware release.
1,5 the price.
No 80Gb hardware yet.
Late PSN releases.
Games are also 1.5 the price: 70€ is 110$

I love my PS3, but WTF!
Actually... we're still buying so why would they care?
Sad... very sad...
Sony should (and could) make the PS3 300€ (it would still be more expensive than in the US...) THAT would make huge sales, a lot more than a 500€ 80Gb PS3...

(MS and Ninty does the same anyway...)

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts