By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 hardware shortages

Bokal said:
80GB with MGS4 would be 500€ in europe, which is roughly 800$

SCEE is not taking care at all of us Europeans, while we are their biggest buyers, and by far.

Late hardware release.
1,5 the price.
No 80Gb hardware yet.
Late PSN releases.
Games are also 1.5 the price: 70€ is 110$

I love my PS3, but WTF!
Actually... we're still buying so why would they care?
Sad... very sad...
Sony should (and could) make the PS3 300€ (it would still be more expensive than in the US...) THAT would make huge sales, a lot more than a 500€ 80Gb PS3...

(MS and Ninty does the same anyway...)

The US video game market is much bigger than any individual European country's video game market. The US has much lower prices for video games market. Pricing in the US is very competitive too attract shoppers to buy at best prices. European's are willing to pay higher prices and retailers keep their prices high because they know they will sell regardless. Every thing in Europe is more expensive than the US. Fuel, food, clothing are all cheaper in the USA.

Around the Network

Ive seen 80 gig PS 3 here in Sweden and they are sold for 1500$ without MGS so i wouldn´t know what the price would have been with.

I think a boost would happen if they started to sell the 80gig for normal price but I hardly think it would help that much in the big picture. Most console buyers are unaware of theese things and it´s the so called hardcore gamers that know and are interested in this change.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Rock_on_2008 said:
Bokal said:
80GB with MGS4 would be 500€ in europe, which is roughly 800$

SCEE is not taking care at all of us Europeans, while we are their biggest buyers, and by far.

Late hardware release.
1,5 the price.
No 80Gb hardware yet.
Late PSN releases.
Games are also 1.5 the price: 70€ is 110$

I love my PS3, but WTF!
Actually... we're still buying so why would they care?
Sad... very sad...
Sony should (and could) make the PS3 300€ (it would still be more expensive than in the US...) THAT would make huge sales, a lot more than a 500€ 80Gb PS3...

(MS and Ninty does the same anyway...)

The US video game market is much bigger than any individual European country's video game market. The US has much lower prices for video games market. Pricing in the US is very competitive too attract shoppers to buy at best prices. European's are willing to pay higher prices and retailers keep their prices high because they know they will sell regardless. Every thing in Europe is more expensive than the US. Fuel, food, clothing are all cheaper in the USA.

Right.

But 300€ for the 40Go PS3 would still be more expensive than the US and would sell like hot cakes(not sure if that comparison really exist in english, I meant ALOT ...) in Europe.

They will know Helgan belongs to Helghasts

lots of PS3 in Germany. In every store are plenty of them. No shortages here.

*edit* of course not the 80GB-one.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

so when the 40g was anounce and the forums exploded with "removing BC doesn't matter to anyone, if i want to play ps2 games i'll play them on my ps2. all the ps3 needs to sell well is a price reduction." can we officially say that was wrong?

someone just tell me i'm right 'cause that's what i want to hear. xD

Around the Network
kitler53 said:
so when the 40g was anounce and the forums exploded with "removing BC doesn't matter to anyone, if i want to play ps2 games i'll play them on my ps2. all the ps3 needs to sell well is a price reduction." can we officially say that was wrong?

Yeah, there were no shortage of people telling me I was wrong when I said BC was important.

none ps3 on the shelves where i live. Couple of wii's and alot of 360*s though

FishyJoe said:
kitler53 said:

Yeah, there were no shortage of people telling me I was wrong when I said BC was important.

who said that BC wasnt important? we should slap them all silly. obviously its on of the kew features in the 80gig that makes it sell so well.

100% agree with the original poster. There are no 80gig PS3s to be found anywhere near me. I always strongly believed that there was a pent up demand for this model even without Metal Gear.

Keep this in mind when reading what I type...

I've been gaming longer than many of you have been alive.

ils411 said:
FishyJoe said:
kitler53 said:

who said that BC wasnt important? we should slap them all silly. obviously its on of the kew features in the 80gig that makes it sell so well.

I second this!! I'm officially done with my 8 yr old PS2 if it does FULL BC of all the games. This is the question bothering me with my 80GB PS3. Does it let you play every PS2 game there is or there are a select few which you can't play or even worse lots of em that you can't play?

OT: it's actually kind of a dillema. The 40 is cheap but doesn't have BC. You get to play PSX and PS3 games on 40 but no PS2 which is kinda sad. :C