By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 hardware shortages

Rock_on_2008 said:

That is the reason behind the lower than expected sales of PS3 for this week. When more 80GB PS3's are available all regions PS3 hardware  will shoot back up. A constant supply of 80GB PS3's is needed to meet up with demand. Where I live PS3's are sold out everywhere. 40GB is the only PS3 model available here and that is sold out everywhere. The demand of the PS3 is reaching new highs with the launch of MGS 4 and lots of new exclusive PS3 titles are due out soon. It is the PS3 calm before the storm. Next week PS3 will have sold 200k hardware worldwide for the week.

Well people what do you think?

agree!! Supposedly another supply of 80 gigs is gonna be released on july 5th, that might help out the sales a little bit. The real contending months are going to be this holiday season, as the console wars gets more fierce. Btw, where do you livee?

Around the Network

@Rock_On: Then Sony must be doing a horrible job supplying PS3's to Australia if you say they are sold out everywhere, since the sales are far from spectacular as Wii, DS, PS2 and 360 beat it there every week.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

The bundle is still available at sears.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05896006000P?keyword=PS3+80GB+Console&sLevel=0&sid=IAx20050830x000233&aff=Y

Costco too

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11294498&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&N=4020050&in_dim_search=1&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&No=2&Mo=2&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&lang=en-US&Sp=C&search=ps3&topnav=

FishyJoe said:

The bundle is still available at sears.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_05896006000P?keyword=PS3+80GB+Console&sLevel=0&sid=IAx20050830x000233&aff=Y

Costco too

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11294498&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&N=4020050&in_dim_search=1&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&No=2&Mo=2&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&lang=en-US&Sp=C&search=ps3&topnav=

Who the hell buys consoles from those places?

I buy from Costco whenever possible. Usually the bundles include an extra controllers and cables for the same cost. Plus they have a hassle free return policy. If you notice, the MGS4 bundle includes an additional DS3 and HDMI cable for the same cost as the standard bundle, a good deal if you ask me.

Bottom line is Costco sells a lot of everything. They are the fourth largest retailer in the US and is one of the leaders in selling consumer electronics.

Around the Network

Too much damage control and Dr. Spin...

I never really buy the supply argument unless there is proof or if it is the Wii.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

FishyJoe said:

I buy from Costco whenever possible. Usually the bundles include an extra controllers and cables for the same cost. Plus they have a hassle free return policy. If you notice, the MGS4 bundle includes an additional DS3 and HDMI cable for the same cost as the standard bundle, a good deal if you ask me.

Bottom line is Costco sells a lot of everything. They are the fourth largest retailer in the US and is one of the leaders in selling consumer electronics.

Isnt amazon one as well?

mM

Um, that's Amazon UK.

(for anyone that's wondering, Leo-j posted a link to the Amazon UK Wii, then edited it out)

Ps3_GOW said:

You guys should all move to Canada, where I'm from nobody buys consoles or games so when I go to walmart there always over stalked. I went to Walmart Saturday there was about 20 - 25 Metal gear solid games a couple of Playstation 3's on display, all kinds of Xbox 360's and Wii's. I don't know what the demand for the guitar hero 3 for the wii is anymore but there was about 15 of them on display trying to sell.

Wii's ? Playstation 3's on Saturday?

Yes, Wal-Mart overstacks like crazy, but I never see any Wii's when I go there and the MGS4 80GB bundle has been sold out since the day after its release.