By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-Enix CEO Says 360, PS3 Over-engineered

ckmlb said:
Gballzack said:
JouninGarret said:
In my opinion,this 7th generation,so far,is terrible.

From an objective stand point, the games are pretty terrible thus far as a whole.

You're not objective, you have only played on the Wii correct?

I've played all three and play the latest games for each as they're put on display for public use at the local game store, C&C Games. I have seen what all three have to offer in games. Nothing is that impressive at this point. It also takes more than console ownership to be an objective voice of its standing. The Wii has only a meriad of mediocre ports and mini/lifestyle games of limited appeal at the moment. The 360 has mountains of mediocre no-name titles for the most part that only play to the same demographic as every other game on the console. And no, Resistance, Motorstorm and Virtua Fighter 5 for the PS3 are not games I am impressed with and their lack of ability to move the console would seem to agree with me.

You would do well to choose your fights based on matters that can be disputed with facts rather than matters of personal opinion, this current path of debate isn't going to yeild anything other than personal attacks on character by trying to discredit the ability of the individual to form a valid opinion. Unless you're prepared to risk taking a three day cooler as a possible outcome for this continued subject I'd suggest you'd be a little more pragmatic in the future when deciding what petty semantics to take issue with in another person's wording of an opinion.

On a side note, It's good to see Blue3 on his way to another ban.

Around the Network

"In a year or two years they will fare better"

well it mean not far from now right? mayb that's why final fantasy 13 is coming out next year but not this year, coz 1 year later ps3 will be fare batter :D

just to clarify, he said
".. will fare better"
not
".. will be far better"

I don't know why, although they can both be taken either way, "fare better" sounds more relative to how it is currently going, and "be far better" sounds like it is in comparison to its competition

might be just me misinterpreting due to lack of sleep though

ckmlb said:
Dryden said:

In two years they'll be perfect because they won't require taking out a line of credit to bankroll a console, a second controller, a few must have games, and a 1080P television to display it all.

Yeah in two years everyone is gonna have 1080p televisions...

Obviously not, but 1080p TV's will be significantly less expensive than they are today, so it will not be a four-figure proposition to get into the next gen gaming market. Of course, it won't matter because there will be a new resolution that is more hi-def than 1080p, but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

// is content with his 46" Toshiba RPTV (1080i).

fare better in 2-3 years = consoles will have a higher install base meaning more potential buyers for his product

AND

there will have been AT LEAST 2 price drops making the consoles more affordable.

right now the ps3 is not affordable to a majority of people
right now the 360 is not affordable to the majority of people

the ps2 sold the VAST majority(like 70 million after price drop to this price point) of it's number after the price dropped to 199 dollars US.

people will more likely Buy the game AND the console if the console is affordable(if they do nto have said console)...if ffxiii came out now...it wouldn't have as great an impact or sell thru because the console it is on is an Expense that most people will not make.

console down to 300 dollars= more people would buy said console to play the game.

Around the Network

Good question: Would the CEO encourage holding Final Fantasy from being released if he thought it would fair better later in the PS3's life?

BenKenobi88 said:
Blue3 said:
Yojimbo said:

So it means its over for people like me who wants the most of the console? Its seems like this generation is going to be more resources over to the Wii and less for the pc/360/ps3. Seems like my gaming days might be over soon :/

Talking about general.

it wont, most devs are announcing games and new engines for PC/PS3/360 wii is left in the dust thanks to its old technology.

Seriously, I'm so sick of your bullshit.

He puts it harshly but that particular statement was true.  What you let gballzack get away with is the same crap that blue3 says.  One says that nothing besides the Wii is awesome, and the other says the Wii sucks no matter what.  And yet, you only respond harshly to blue3.  Interesting.   

Oops. 

windbane said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Blue3 said:
Yojimbo said:

So it means its over for people like me who wants the most of the console? Its seems like this generation is going to be more resources over to the Wii and less for the pc/360/ps3. Seems like my gaming days might be over soon :/

Talking about general.

it wont, most devs are announcing games and new engines for PC/PS3/360 wii is left in the dust thanks to its old technology.

Seriously, I'm so sick of your bullshit.

He puts it harshly but that particular statement was true. What you let gballzack get away with is the same crap that blue3 says. One says that nothing besides the Wii is awesome, and the other says the Wii sucks no matter what. And yet, you only respond harshly to blue3. Interesting.

Well, he could be less of an ass about it...it's the same old story every time he comments...at least gballzack makes some decent posts otherwise...worthwhile threads and such. But in case you didn't notice...both Blue3 and gballzack have been banned temporarily by me before...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Dolla Dolla said:
Good question: Would the CEO encourage holding Final Fantasy from being released if he thought it would fair better later in the PS3's life?

No, because it will sells millions of PS3s.  FF creates its install base whereever it goes.