By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-Enix CEO Says 360, PS3 Over-engineered

gorgepir said:
windbane said:
albionus said:
@windbane
A second thank you is in order. It took me a little while to respond since I had to take time to enjoy that (actually I was out, but anyways). A major point though, I never said the 360 sucked just that it was more expensive.

Yeah, it's more expensive, although not by a ridiculous amount. Doesn't change the fact that it sucks.

Kidding aside...Kytiara, many Wii fans do say the PS3 and 360 suck. They say it over and over on this forum. Maybe when sales catch up to monthly Wii numbers for the PS3 (and maybe 360) then more of those guys will look at this website.

?

I really can't agree with anyone who says the Xbox360 or PS3 sucks? What gaming console sucks for that matter at all? Both are powerful obviously, in my opinion they are both way inferior to PCs, but they have great game lineups. Its just that in my opinion the experiance may not justify the cost.(well maybe the ps3)

The Wii on the other hand is priced right. In my opinion if I were a graphics junkie, I would be devouring my PC, I just expect something else from console games.

Why are you guys not reading the word "kidding."  I've stated my reasons for not liking the 360 before:  noisy, breaks a lot, charges for online features blizzard has provided on the PC for over a decade, screws over current users by offering $180 upgrade for only 120GB whereas you can upgrade the PS3 with almost any HD, a lot of shooters without as much variety as other systems, and doesn't have a great first party gaming division imo, although it's improving.  Also, a lot of their "exclusive" games are also on the PC and I'd rather spend my money upgrading my PC than buying a 360 that breaks a lot.  Most of the other games are on the PS3.  There are exceptions, just like every console, but between a PC, PS3, Wii, PSP, and DS I feel like I can play the vast majority of best games.

But again, I said I was kidding.