By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-Enix CEO Says 360, PS3 Over-engineered

Square-enix I hear you, I will come back to console gaming after 2 years. Seriously PC gaming is dying really. PS3/360 is taking all the exclusives from it. Why make it on pc when so many people pirate. And why bet on ps3/360 when you can make cheaper games on Wii and sell it to bigger crowd. I am PC/PS fan and I am losing in two places. Its going to be interesting to see how much pc games like Crysis, Hellgate London, Age of Conan will sell. Have not played a good pc game for 6 months now >_

Around the Network

These words are really big especially that he says in a year or two they will feel just right.... lol

What a ridiculous statement, in a year they are going to be perfect because they won't be compicated anymore...

He's just explaining why they made DQ on the DS, the real reason is it has the highest install base and is easier to make for and cheaper and the Japanese care less about graphics than Americans do.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Gballzack said:
JouninGarret said:
In my opinion,this 7th generation,so far,is terrible.

From an objective stand point, the games are pretty terrible thus far as a whole.

You're not objective, you have only played on the Wii correct?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

hey sony fans, you can't just say "the seventh generation sucks" or "if that continues, i will quit gaming"!

we faced the hard truth during a decade, now continue playing the game even if you're not winning and don't run away crying like a little girl!

PS: not to take too serious...

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

ckmlb said:

What a ridiculous statement, in a year they are going to be perfect because they won't be compicated anymore.

In two years they'll be perfect because they won't require taking out a line of credit to bankroll a console, a second controller, a few must have games, and a 1080P television to display it all.

Around the Network
nintendo_fanboy said:
hey sony fans, you can't just say "the seventh generation sucks" or "if that continues, i will quit gaming"!

we faced the hard truth during a decade, now continue playing the game even if you're not winning and don't run away crying like a little girl!

PS: not to take too serious...

Of course I can say that, I am not as loyal as some Nintendofans who buys consoles for the name. Microsoft destroyed PC gaming by buying all the best games. The PS3 is losing exclusive to every plattform. Even the portables are taking games from consoles. I am not going to buy 5-6 consoles to play some games. Better to wait few years. Hoping for Apple to come with Uber consoles who can play all console games. I really dont care about the PS3 I am more angry about that Consoles have overtaking PC and developers dont care anymore about the pc gamers. Sheet

There are still PC games, you just need to know where to look, and not bored by SLG or FPS games

Edit: and MMOs 

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

Yojimbo said:

So it means its over for people like me who wants the most of the console? Its seems like this generation is going to be more resources over to the Wii and less for the pc/360/ps3. Seems like my gaming days might be over soon :/

Talking about general.

it wont, most devs are announcing games and new engines for PC/PS3/360 wii is left in the dust thanks to its old technology.

Blue3 said:
Yojimbo said:

So it means its over for people like me who wants the most of the console? Its seems like this generation is going to be more resources over to the Wii and less for the pc/360/ps3. Seems like my gaming days might be over soon :/

Talking about general.

it wont, most devs are announcing games and new engines for PC/PS3/360 wii is left in the dust thanks to its old technology.

Seriously, I'm so sick of your bullshit.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Blue3 said:
Yojimbo said:

Talking about general.

Seriously, I'm so sick of your bullshit.

Cant handle the truth can you. Wii is old technology, its a freaking fact. A new game engine was announced like yesturday, PC/PS3/360 there is no chance the wii can run it do to its lack of power.

do you think wii is as powerfull as the PS3 that it can run the same top end game engines. Really do you think that ?