By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-Enix CEO Says 360, PS3 Over-engineered

Blue3 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Blue3 said:
Yojimbo said:

So it means its over for people like me who wants the most of the console? Its seems like this generation is going to be more resources over to the Wii and less for the pc/360/ps3. Seems like my gaming days might be over soon :/

Talking about general.

it wont, most devs are announcing games and new engines for PC/PS3/360 wii is left in the dust thanks to its old technology.

Seriously, I'm so sick of your bullshit.

Cant handle the truth can you. Wii is old technology, its a freaking fact. A new game engine was announced like yesturday, PC/PS3/360 there is no chance the wii can run it do to its lack of power.

do you think wii is as powerfull as the PS3 that it can run the same top end game engines. Really do you think that ?

No, I don't think the Wii can handle top-end game engines that the PS3 can handle.

But game engines =/= good games. You can't just slap the Unreal engine on a game and call it good.

I don't think you can handle the truth, which is that the Wii can have great games, even if it is "old technology." And one can argue that the Wii is getting more support than any other system...it is certainly not "left in the dust."

You can say the Wii is the weakest, and therefore will lose some support...but it is gaining more support than it is losing, so I don't know what you're talking about.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
gebx said:
mancandy said:
I think the guy is right. Historically, consoles have sold at launch for about $200 to $300. Now there are 2 console makers that sell well over that price. Instead of making incremental increases, Sony and MS made huge jumps in technology. I am not saying this is a bad thing, but they have to realize that most people are not willing to make a huge jump in price.

The Wii truly is a gaming console only, it's not a "entertainment center", and its not so much that the PS3 and the 360 are overengineered. It's the cost which is directly related to how the system is built (ex Blu ray drive in the PS3). Microsoft and Sony are trying to make a jack of all trades, but really what most people want is a gaming console.

My thoughts exactly. Sony/Microsoft engineer their consoles as entertainment centers in order to appeal to a larger demographic.

Dryden said:
ckmlb said:

What a ridiculous statement, in a year they are going to be perfect because they won't be compicated anymore.

In two years they'll be perfect because they won't require taking out a line of credit to bankroll a console, a second controller, a few must have games, and a 1080P television to display it all.

Yeah in two years everyone is gonna have 1080p televisions...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

And as we all know, in Blue's world, graphics mean everything. Who cares if the experience is shallow or derivative of two or three other games, it's pretty, it's gotta be cool!

Seriously, your 'graphics powerhouse' that's going to break the house that Sony built doesn't necessarily mean more fun. I say again, a system's hardware doesn't magically equate to more fun, it's the games. How they look, play, and how much you get into them. If lighting effects give you a hard on, good for you, but don't think everyone's in the same boat, for once in your forum life.

ckmlb said:
Dryden said:
ckmlb said:

What a ridiculous statement, in a year they are going to be perfect because they won't be compicated anymore.

In two years they'll be perfect because they won't require taking out a line of credit to bankroll a console, a second controller, a few must have games, and a 1080P television to display it all.

As long as my current tv works, I don't have a reason to switch.  27" SDTV, btw.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

Around the Network
vanguardian1 said:
ckmlb said:
Dryden said:
ckmlb said:

As long as my current tv works, I don't have a reason to switch. 27" SDTV, btw.

I was being sarcastic...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

DonWii said:
gebx said:
mancandy said:
I think the guy is right. Historically, consoles have sold at launch for about $200 to $300. Now there are 2 console makers that sell well over that price. Instead of making incremental increases, Sony and MS made huge jumps in technology. I am not saying this is a bad thing, but they have to realize that most people are not willing to make a huge jump in price.

The Wii truly is a gaming console only, it's not a "entertainment center", and its not so much that the PS3 and the 360 are overengineered. It's the cost which is directly related to how the system is built (ex Blu ray drive in the PS3). Microsoft and Sony are trying to make a jack of all trades, but really what most people want is a gaming console.

My thoughts exactly. Sony/Microsoft engineer their consoles as entertainment centers in order to appeal to a larger demographic.

That maybe their intent, however, it has backfired. These consoles main purpose is to play videogames. Most people do not want to pay $400+ to play videogames.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

Blue3 said:
BenKenobi88 said:
Blue3 said:
Yojimbo said:

So it means its over for people like me who wants the most of the console? Its seems like this generation is going to be more resources over to the Wii and less for the pc/360/ps3. Seems like my gaming days might be over soon :/

Talking about general.

it wont, most devs are announcing games and new engines for PC/PS3/360 wii is left in the dust thanks to its old technology.

Seriously, I'm so sick of your bullshit.

Cant handle the truth can you. Wii is old technology, its a freaking fact. A new game engine was announced like yesturday, PC/PS3/360 there is no chance the wii can run it do to its lack of power.

do you think wii is as powerfull as the PS3 that it can run the same top end game engines. Really do you think that ?

Oh my god you're right! Thats great news for the 3.4 million PS3 owners, and bad news for the 8.1 million Wii owners! Oh wait some good news just came in: Nobody Cares, Obviously.

Blue that has to be the worst post I think you have made yet. EVERYONE KNOWS that the Wii is not groundbreaking graphics, NO ONE denies it. BTW did you know N64 games are stronger than SNES games?

I don't really care that they don't use the full amount of polygons on every single character making them look real, the point is that the Wii characters are cartoonish and fun. Its like comparing a Disney movie to a Uwe Boll movie. Sure Uwe uses real people, but I wouldn't call that crap that he makes entertaining.

blue you have no idea what "old technology" means, do you. The Wii is not old technology, stop putting forward this stupid argument

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!