By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii still sold out

BenKenobi88 said: I'm not sure why Oblivion is the hot topic...PC's got both consoles owned there. 3 months for PS3 to outsell Wii? You, sir, give the PS3 too much credit. Both consoles are slowing down right now...all consoles do after the rush of the launch is over. The Wii dropped a little more than the PS3 dropped...but just a little. Wait a few weeks? Yeah. Wait a few weeks, and the Wii will have more games too. All in all...the Wii's the one making the waves...just read the news. It's the hot topic, like it or not, due to its appeal to non-gamers. And again...the PS3 may have more games lined up now...but after seeing the Wii's success, more developers are getting onboard the Wii train. Look online for developers looking to Nintendo in addition to the rest...more and more keep coming. Also...more games does not make it the better console...despite what you may believe. Maybe, in the end, more games will get the system more money, but I think a higher percentage of PS3 games are not worth buying compared to the Wii's selection. But that is just my preference...and you should not push your opinion on others as well. Maybe YOU think there are 9 PS3 games worth buying, but I say...there are definitely only 3. I say there are 6 Wii games worth buying, and 3 360 games. Just because you enjoy PS3 games so much, doesn't mean we do.
What the Deuce? I just glanced at the avatar and so assumed this was Kwaad, and was about to congratulate him on his first non-dipshit trolling post, but alas, no such luck.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt. -Mark Twain

2004 Lincoln LSV8 - ~$15,000

K&N Cold Air Intake - $300

Handheld ECU Reprogrammer - $400

The look on a ricer's face when they get their ass beat off the line by a Lincoln - Priceless

Around the Network

Come on Sintinel, you know hell will freeze over before that ever happens

Kwaad said: I dont feel like linking the list. But look at the launch lineup. There are around 9 PS3 exclusives worth BUYING comming out before Q3 starts. there are around... 3 for the Wii. and around 5 for the 360.
Considering the Wii has already created 3 exclusive million sellers, I think there are probably more than 3 total "worth buying" by the start of Q3. There may be 6-8 exclusive eventual million sellers total released for Wii before Q3 in fact--there may be 5 of them on the market already if WarioWare and Pokemon make it (looking good for WW, ??? for Poke). And if we look at Nov/Dec sales, 6 of Wiis top 10 sellers in NA were exclusives; I believe only 1 or 2 for Sony.
Hate to say this but Every PS3 sony sales, they are getting something more imporant than profit. MARKET SHARE. in 2 years when they are on top... they will be racking in pure profit. If they had a crap system... they would have LITTLE market share in 2 years... meaning... NO profit.
Well any console sold for any of the big 3 means market share. Having a "crap system" doesn't mean you don't get market share by selling it. Right now, PS3 doesn't have much market share. And you can have more market share and less profits, like Microsoft last gen. Sony's problem is that they need to be market leader in order to make profit. Ouch.
The Games coming. There are only about ~10 PSN games announced. Over 100 Wii games? really? http://wii.ign.com/index/release.html Really? That says something diffrent... really diffrent. http://ps3.ign.com/index/release.html[/quote] There isn't a definitive list of releases out there I don't think... I wish Wikipedia had one, but there are too many titles to keep track of... PS3 may have more games total in 2007, I don't doubt that. But it is not going to have enough extra games to justify the price difference for your average customer. And then by 2008, I think Wii will be getting more total games. Also, the fact that there is only about 10 PSN games announced is bad for Sony... Nintendo is in the best place to add value to their console through downloadable games, simply because they are going to have the most games (bare bones or not.)

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Well the PSN games tend to be announced about 3-6 months before they come out. So really that would leave probibally close to 25 by the end of the year. Second. the 360 only has I think 55? virtual arcade games... Wich well... Think of pong. The Wii is getting market share. What I am trying to say is... there are 1.5millon PS3s in peoples homes right now... when the true release of the PS3 is the middle of next month. They need to be market leader to make profit? Really? Let me show you something really quick. Before the release of PS3... HD-DVD was kicking blu-rays ass. Since the launch of PS3 BluRay is now kicking HD-DVDs ass. What does that mean. The billions of dollars invested in their bluray technology would go to waste. What does THAT mean? Well, Billions invested in R&D, Hundreds of millions in PR, and Hundreds of millions in loss of sony hatered for another failure. If BluRay fails. Sony looses something like 2billion. (that's not counting the lack of income over the next 5-10 years... at least) I wouldnt even guess as to how many DVDs are sold a year. But think of this. BluRay has won. Every BluRay sold, Sony gets money. Lets say there are 1.2billion DVDs sold a year. If Sony makes 50cents of EACH ONE. That's 600MILLION profit/year. If BluRay Wins. Lets see how much sony has lost due to the PS3. 3million * 200 = 600million. So far sony has lost in production, what they will make EVERY year... (at least) from their bluray sales. Not counting their Games. Sony Won. The PS3 was a trojan horse. To Sony is more imporant than a stupid gameing machine. Gameing is a big industry. but Nowhere near as big as Movies. Moral of the Story. the PS3 is the most imporant console out there to it's creator. either way the PS3 fails or not. It dont mater. It beat HD-DVD. Wich is what it's goal was for. And Hey. I personally love the PS3. Cant wait for most of the games to come out. And from my opinion as a gamer. And following the market of most all things game related. I say the PS3 will have more sales than 360 by the end of 2008. (in america). Europe by the end of 2007. And japan... happend on day1 of PS3 launch. The Wii is a diffrent beast. It depends if it keeps it's momentum or not... and for how long. Can the Wii continue to sell out? Can the Wii continue to outsell the PS3. Will the PS2 continue to outsell the Wii? Will the Wii get games to intrest gamers such as myself? Some people from this forum added my PSN name. I watch what they do. They spend at least 1 hour/day on their PS3... Some of them dont even have games for it yet. just playing the demos. Also. Look at something really quick. look at the sales of the GC. VS PS2. http://www.vgcharts.org/aconscomps.php?name1=GC&name2=PS2&type=0&align=0 the GC outsold the PS2 by stupid amounts on the first and second month. My pont on that is... the first 2-3 months of launch dont mean much. Will the Wii Win? I dont know. Will the PS3 win? If the Wii dont win. the 360 wont beat the PS3.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

BenKenobi88 said: I'm not sure why Oblivion is the hot topic...PC's got both consoles owned there. 3 months for PS3 to outsell Wii? You, sir, give the PS3 too much credit. Both consoles are slowing down right now...all consoles do after the rush of the launch is over. The Wii dropped a little more than the PS3 dropped...but just a little. Wait a few weeks? Yeah. Wait a few weeks, and the Wii will have more games too. All in all...the Wii's the one making the waves...just read the news. It's the hot topic, like it or not, due to its appeal to non-gamers. And again...the PS3 may have more games lined up now...but after seeing the Wii's success, more developers are getting onboard the Wii train. Look online for developers looking to Nintendo in addition to the rest...more and more keep coming. Also...more games does not make it the better console...despite what you may believe. Maybe, in the end, more games will get the system more money, but I think a higher percentage of PS3 games are not worth buying compared to the Wii's selection. But that is just my preference...and you should not push your opinion on others as well. Maybe YOU think there are 9 PS3 games worth buying, but I say...there are definitely only 3. I say there are 6 Wii games worth buying, and 3 360 games. Just because you enjoy PS3 games so much, doesn't mean we do.
Oblivion wont look better than the PS3 version. It has enhanced textures. I'll Get to you later. I got stuff to do. But It's coming.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Around the Network

http://www.vgcharts.org/forum/thread.php?id=295 I posted this up because in another thread someone mentioned they did not know what games were comming for the PS3. Seriously, BenKenobi88, only 3 games out of this list that is even a little bit appealing? And kwaad if you line the sales up by date it shows that the PS2 stomped the GC.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

No matter how many good games come out for PS3, it's going to have to drop in price significantly before it starts moving a substancial amount of units, but the question is if they can drop the price enough quickly enough before they start losing software titles. Many developers can only hold out so long for a console that isn't moving units well enough.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

vanguardian1 said: No matter how many good games come out for PS3, it's going to have to drop in price significantly before it starts moving a substancial amount of units, but the question is if they can drop the price enough quickly enough before they start losing software titles. Many developers can only hold out so long for a console that isn't moving units well enough.
Wishful thinking? I really do not see it. The PS3 is cheaper in japan and I "Know" americans will bite the bullet after they see awesome games on it. Looking at the long list of games comming out for the PS3 I can tell that the developers are not worried and I highly doubt theya re going anywhere. Success is relative, people are trying to say 32k units in one day are bad sales for VF5. The homepage boasts 1.7 million PS3 sold across 3 territories in 3 months. You may calll that a failure ( in comparison to the Wii because it sure isn't compared to the 360) but given its pricepoint and the sheer fact that there are not that many good games out for it I would consider that more than a success. This launch may not live up to whatever standards you were imagining but I highly doubt this is a indicator that the PS3 isn't going to sell well.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

Then let me ask, staticneuron, if Sony makes no price drops this year, how many consoles do you think they'll sell? This year, I mean.

Nobody is crazy enough to accuse me of being sane.

"given its pricepoint and the sheer fact that there are not that many good games out for it I would consider that more than a success. " Well...given the fact that the Wii only has a few good games out for it...I would consider 4.5 million a considerably greater success.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )