By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Wii still sold out

I know your saying "old news". But, I am posting this in response to the statements by a few that the Wii isn't selling as well as we all would like to think. You can go to almost any large online retailer and buy a PS3. Why would Wal-mart and others now have PS3 availiable to sell online. Well, its simple. Large amounts of stock available. Even thought Sony is still not producing and shipping a high quantity, the general retailers have enought built up stock in their warehouses that they can sell multiple bundles on their websites (Wal-mart has 3 instock variations). However, excluding ebay (which is still selling a few hundred dollars above retail) you cannot find one on line retailer that has any in stock. Given that Nintendo is still producing/shipping a higher quantity than Sony is the PS3, that just goes to show how much demand still exists for the Wii whereas the PS3 is has not so much. Now that the holiday season is over the 360/PS3 will go to 'normal' sales levels of 200-400 thousand and the wii will still be in xmas. 1m+ through February, easily beating their goal of 6m by end of march. Oh wait, I forgot the Wii is just a fad or an impulse item. Yeah so was the DS.

Around the Network

Yeah. I hear the 360 HD-DVD player is sold out too

PSN - hanafuda

hanafuda said: Yeah. I hear the 360 HD-DVD player is sold out too
Huh?

I think he was being sarcastic. It is available at all retailers.

Yeah. I see them sitting right next to the stacks of PS3's.

Around the Network

I was mad because I couldn't afford a Wii at launch... But I guess it doesn't matter, cause I wouldn't be able to get one now even if I wanted.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Here's a good article: http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=12635 There have been people searching weeks for a Wii without success and there's dozens of people queuing up outside the retailers for a Wii shipment.

Either a. I'm lucky or b. I live in a sony town. But. PS3's are sold out too. and I have seen Wii on the shelfs 3 or 4 times since launch. (now usually those are gone in a few hours) but I could have bought the Wii 3 or 4 times after I bought it. (and once before I bought it) And when I did get my Wii, I actually got 2 of them. One of them hasnt been used more than 2 hours. (it is hooked up at my brothers house.) (was a x-mas gift)...(then my mom got him a PS3) Where I live the Wii is NOT that rare. Where I live the PS3 is sold out 3 or 4 days a week. and What is said about nintendo shipping bigger shipments... My wal-mart gets MAYBE 2 wii's/week. and they get ~10 PS3's a week. (I live 2 minutes from wal-mart so I'm in there all the time, and I always check to see the stock on PS3/Wii) I'm not gonna say the Wii is failing. Nintendo dosent need to sell a single game. Infact. every Wii sold today, makes Nintendo I would say around 75-100$. Every PS3... Sony looses near 300$ Wich puts a diffrence of almost 400$ between them. Meaning a PS3 sold today, to yeild sony as much as nintendo makes off the console alone... needs to sell about 40games. (Sony gets 10$ for every game sold) So Who's Winning now? Nintendo. :) Next year? I dont know if it will be nintendo.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!

Kwaad, I want to move to your world. The only reason I don't have a Wii is because I will not pay above retail price and I am not so needy that I will wait hours at opening to get one. I am waiting for a store I just goto to have one in stock. Thus far, this hasn't come close to happening. Truthfully, I don't believe you. Not that it matters in any form. If what your are implying is true then by the end of this month Sony is going to say they shipped 1m+ this month easy. That is the only way for them to be shipping stores 10+ a week that sell out AND these same companies to have enough stock to sell them online in multiple bundled or none bundled sets. Wal-mart, Circuit City, Target, and GameStop/EBGames would not have online options if they did not have plentiful stock. However, this is not the case for the Wii. Beyond indivuals selling the one's they are trying to make a buck on in Ebay or Amazon, the Wii is not attainable online. Basically, what you claim has no foundations. QED.

superchunk said: Kwaad, I want to move to your world. The only reason I don't have a Wii is because I will not pay above retail price and I am not so needy that I will wait hours at opening to get one. I am waiting for a store I just goto to have one in stock. Thus far, this hasn't come close to happening. Truthfully, I don't believe you. Not that it matters in any form. If what your are implying is true then by the end of this month Sony is going to say they shipped 1m+ this month easy. That is the only way for them to be shipping stores 10+ a week that sell out AND these same companies to have enough stock to sell them online in multiple bundled or none bundled sets. Wal-mart, Circuit City, Target, and GameStop/EBGames would not have online options if they did not have plentiful stock. However, this is not the case for the Wii. Beyond individuals selling the one's they are trying to make a buck on in Ebay or Amazon, the Wii is not attainable online. Basically, what you claim has no foundations. QED.
You make me laugh. I tell you what I've seen. I tell you the Wii's are selling out. And you bash me. wtf do you want me to say? Also, let me tell you something else. The local wal-mart (for me) gets the Wii's on FedEx at ~2pm. 90% of the time on Tuesday. And they usually only get 2 or 3. I don't know when the PS3's come in. But I do know, that I have the Electronics representative. (the guy that don't work for wal-mart, check the stock on the PS3's all the time. some times it's 10-20+, and then a week later, it's 1) I am just relaying what I have seen. in my little town. I dont know how they are selling at wal-mart in New York, LA, San Fransisco, Chicago, Atlanta... I dont care. I know locally the PS3's are selling. I also know where I live the average income is around 25,000/year. I'm not going to to lie. I dont need to. I know what I've seen. You can say I'm lying. I don't say your full of ****. I dont say your lying. Stop being a jack*** because I don't believe what you believe.

PSN ID: Kwaad

I fly this flag in victory!