By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Well... My Wii finnally ran out of space... (This is pretty annoying...)

Cougarman said:
welcome to the geeks and otaku club.

seriously they need to do something about the storage, i have enough space for only 2 wii ware games now, if this keeps up i am gonna have to delete and re-download stuff.

Wow, so full of indignation. You quote some douche from NoE, yet ignore the quote from Iwata himself

"Because this small number of people are none other than the most avid players," Iwata said "we know we have to review the best possible solution to eliminate their inconvenience."

So stop whining and wait patiently!

/thread 

Around the Network

Mine's been filled sine March of 07.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Mark my words, they WILL do something about this.

They're losing potential sales because of it, therefore it is certain that they will act on the matter and resolve it.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

scottie said:
Cougarman said:

seriously they need to do something about the storage, i have enough space for only 2 wii ware games now, if this keeps up i am gonna have to delete and re-download stuff.

Wow, so full of indignation. You quote some douche from NoE, yet ignore the quote from Iwata himself

"Because this small number of people are none other than the most avid players," Iwata said "we know we have to review the best possible solution to eliminate their inconvenience."

/thread

i am not whining, its ginuine complain you cant just ignore the storage problem, as a wii owner and nintendo fan i can complain all i like if you think its whining then thats your problem, and this " welcome to the geeks and otaku club" was light hearted joke.

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I had to get rid of the Nintendo Channel. :-/ Oh well, I was disappointed in it anyway. and it's what almost 300 blocks?

I still have many games I want to download. :-/ Plus new Wii games too. ugh. I hope something is announced for E3. 

Around the Network

USB support is expected to be announced soon... hopefully.

Nintendo isn't going to leave the disk space issue last long. They wouldn't release WiiWare otherwise.

you can always delete the games you don't play (finished or not) and redownload them again when you feel like revisit them. The WiiShopChannel knows the games you bought and lets you redownload them anytime you want to... So, it's not a big problem really.

Master Mii Artisan 

scottie said:
Cougarman said:

/thread 

Just because Iwata said something doesn't mean a solution is coming soon--or at all.  The complaining needs to continue--and not just continue, but it needs to increase.  Nintendo must be constantly reminded of the importance of this matter.  They need to know that the mob is angry and tired of their asininity.

Here are a couple of "direct" methods:

Allow the Nintendo Channel to read your Wii and send information back to Nintendo.  If you're Wii's memory is packed and almost completely used, this information will be relayed to them.  They'll be able to see--directly--how many people are having storage issues.

Another way is to continually bombard the Everybody Votes channel with questions concering the importance of a harddrive or an external storage solution. 

Continue to email, write, call and harass Nintendo until the majority of their received complaints stem from people upset over the lack of storage space and the MASSIVE inconvenience of deleting, moving, and/or redownloading games.  If I paid for a damn game, it's now my property, I shouldn't have to throw it out just to buy another.  If that's the case, Nintendo should be giving Wii points back to people who delete downloaded games regardless of the "free re-download." 

As it stands, I only have room left for one WiiWare title--at best.  I may not even have enough room for that since it sounds like they're all 250 blocks or more.  I'm likely not downloading anything else without some sort of logical storage solution being presented.

Don't stop complaining about the lack of usable external storage until we actually have it!!

They can't just release a hard drive...that would be far too simple.

I predict a hard drive as an IDog...a white plastic puppy doing back flips while you play games off it.