By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Place Your Bets: Who Wins the Presidency - Obama or Mccain? (revive in Nov)

rocketpig said:
Bursche said:
Obama will win by a squeaker. He is seen as "change" even though nobody knows what that change is. Of course, he will be screwed over by the amount of problems that needs fixing, and will lose the next election in 2012.

Personally, I want McCain to win. He only has one good term in him, but he has enough experience and can play partisan politics well enough (going across the aisle) to make an impact.

Ditto and for the same reasons (though I have a few others). This country badly needs a moderate right now and Obama doesn't fit that bill at all.

As for Obama, time will tell what I really think of him. I don't care for most of his politics but I will reserve judgement until I get to see the campaigns start in earnest and see a few debates.

I don't know.  Obama and McCain have shockingly similar policy plans.  If you're careful enough and listen to what Obama says for example.

His Iraq plan is basically identical to McCains.  

I know... it sounds crazy... however the proof is their.  It's just they focus what they say differently.

Obama plans to keep a small strikeforce in Iraq to strike at terrorists unilaterally in places like Pakistan.  You can't keep troops in Iraq if the government won't let you.  So he's going to do everythng he can to keep said troops in power.  He'll set benchmarks, hope the Iraqi army makes it so we can leave... and if they can't.

He'll stay in.  Which is basically the same plan as McCain, except McCain isn't accusing the iraqi government of being lazy.

Outside that... their economic plans are almost identical... the pro Obama thing is he is against the Bush Tax Cuts.  Though.... while usually a good idea to get rid of them... i'm not sure if that's a good idea to remove in a recession.   While they favor the rich a lot.... they favor small buisnesses a lot as well... and such a thing could put many struggling small buisnesses out of buisness.

Around the Network
Profcrab said:
rocketpig said:
Galaki said:
Nothing against old people, but Mr. McCain looks frail. Winning probably won't do his health any good. Way too much work/pressure.

I've seen some vids, I think Obama is a pretty good speaker. Full of confidence, that is. So, I'll place my bet on him.

From a teleprompter, yes.

Off the cuff, Obama is as bad as Bush, if not worse. He's terrible.

Should make for an interesting debate.

I give this thread a 9.8.

America, the only country to elect Porky Pig as President 16 years straight.

That's quite the tagline.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:

America, the only country to elect Porky Pig as President 16 years straight.

That's quite the tagline.

umm.... I don't think either McCain or Obama have chance to win in 2012. They're just both too messed up. I hope McCain wins as imo he's less crazy than Obama, but not by much. The only difference I can see that really matters is he (McCain) won't go around rasing taxes like hell in the middle of the worst recession in 25 years.

Not trying to be a fanboy. Of course, it's hard when you own the best console eve... dang it

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/ says Obama has a ~55% chance of winning right now looking at the polls, adjusting for sample sizes & pollster reliability, kerry/bush splits, gore/bush splits, and state demographic data.

It gives Obama an average of 278 electoral votes when the possible scenarios base on the polls are played out 10,000 times in a computer simulation if I'm interpreting how the site works correctly. 

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

I think Obama will win just because a lot of people are jaded with the republican party, even here in Kansas which is very conservative.

Around the Network

I personally believe McCain will come out as the slight winner in next election.

Why?

*rejecting what's different.
*political experiences.

Needless to say, it's going to be a very nasty few months

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

obama

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

TheSource said:

http://www.fivethirtyeight.com/ says Obama has a ~55% chance of winning right now looking at the polls, adjusting for sample sizes & pollster reliability, kerry/bush splits, gore/bush splits, and state demographic data.

It gives Obama an average of 278 electoral votes when the possible scenarios base on the polls are played out 10,000 times in a computer simulation if I'm interpreting how the site works correctly.

Another site you might be interested in is Rasmussenreports.com their polls have always been spot-on and now they have a markets page at markets.rasmussenreports.com They currently show Obama with a 61% chance of winning and mccain with 35%, although it seems that they have slight percentages given to everyone who has even considered running for president this year.

OBAMA FTW AND FOR A GREAT AMERICA!!!!

Ctk, you all know this will happen aliens will invade earth and only our hero Ctk will save us all,we won't surrender against the alien treat.

On a serious note I guess Obama will win.