By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Place Your Bets: Who Wins the Presidency - Obama or Mccain? (revive in Nov)

Way to give ur idea of the state of the election.....

But I say McCain will win, I'm going for who I am voting for and the best one for the job. (Not opinion fact)

"Like you know"

Around the Network

- Only 28% of Americans aprove of George W. Bush right now.

Also the approval rating of congress stands at around 19%.

"Like you know"

I hope and predict that Obama will win.

Obama is a huge favourite. A poll had Obama at 48% compared to 40% for McCain.

The US and global economies cannot afford Obama's economic and health policies.
For that reason above all else McCain NEEDS to win.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:
Obama is a huge favourite. A poll had Obama at 48% compared to 40% for McCain.

General Election Match-Up (Rasmussen)

John McCain vs. Barack Obama

Match-up without Leaners
Match-up with Leaners

McCain

Obama

McCain

Obama

06/12/2008

41%

47%

44%

50%

06/11/2008

41%

46%

44%

49%

06/10/2008

40%

48%

43%

50%

06/09/2008

40%

48%

44%

50%

06/08/2008

40%

48%

43%

50%

06/07/2008

42%

46%

45%

48%

06/06/2008

40%

45%

43%

48%

06/05/2008

41%

43%

45%

47%

06/04/2008

41%

43%

45%

47%

This is all great news.. Usually at this time in a presidential election, the polls switch back and forth but Obama has lead for more than a week.

starcraft said:

This is why I want McCain. We are going to have a stock market crash soon, and if Obama raises taxes, small buisnesses will fell less encouraged to start a buisness, because they have to pay the government too much. And if the small buisness closes down, then let's say 10 people lose their jobs. Now, let's say this happened to 500,000 small buisnesses across America Then, the 5,000,000 people that lost their job can't spend any money at other buisnesses, causing more buisnesses to close down from poor sales. Then the people out of work there can't spend money for other buisnesses, causing them to go out of buisness. This happens over & over, caausing a crash in the stock market.

OK, that may not relate to the bold, but it explains my McCain support.

RCTjunkie said:
starcraft said:

This is why I want McCain. We are going to have a stock market crash soon, and if Obama raises taxes, small buisnesses will fell less encouraged to start a buisness, because they have to pay the government too much. And if the small buisness closes down, then let's say 10 people lose their jobs. Now, let's say this happened to 500,000 small buisnesses across America Then, the 5,000,000 people that lost their job can't spend any money at other buisnesses, causing more buisnesses to close down from poor sales. Then the people out of work there can't spend money for other buisnesses, causing them to go out of buisness. This happens over & over, caausing a crash in the stock market.

OK, that may not relate to the bold, but it explains my McCain support.

This post is full of win.

To give people an idea of how important strong management of the US economy is, not just to Americans but to the rest of the world, here in Australia we have had consecutive interest rate rises because of the US sub-prime crash.

Obama simply has atrocious economic policies and his other policies (especially health) are just long-term cash sink-holes with no benefit beyond a year or two.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

i have a feeling that obama will win this election

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

I predict that most people are so mad at the Republican party that Obama will win by a landslide, and more than a couple Republican congressfolk are going to be looking for new jobs as well.