By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just want to clear something up.

MontanaHatchet said:
Exactly, Ubisoft is making new Rayman Raving Rabbids and Petz games on the Wii. They know what sells. It's a lot easier and most likely cheaper to make a Petz game than a game like No More Heroes. And since it's definitely faster, than can get more profit faster, allowing them to keep their quarterly revenues up. As for Red Steel, I don't know how well a sequel would sell. I think a lot of its sales had to do with it being the only other shooter at the Wii launch besides Call of Duty 3 (a series Wii owners aren't accustomed to). And Red Steel had far more advertising.

Ubisoft has a strategy and it's very unlikely they will change it.
If you look at that. The better games sell. RRR is most likely better than DOGZ or CATZ. The developement costs are similar. I don't care if ubisoft doesn't put PoP or BG&E on the console. If they dont' do that they should at least make their casual games good. RRR is going to feel dated after 3 and then there games will have poor sales.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
konnichiwa said:
The top three are the only games that sold ok/well. Two casuals one and a hardcore one...But if I see whole that chart it is almost saying that the hardcore and casual games are not selling well on the Wii.
Because they are bad games. There is only good or bad in this situation. Not casual or hardcore. The only decent games are RRR and red steel is somewhat good.

Prince of Persia that bad? (Really don't know).

In fact of just boycotting them they should make a petition asking that they can make the next RRR a platformer game like the rumour is telling.  They will appreciate that more than people on the internet asking to boycot their games..

sc94597 said:
This thread is made to reply to all posts like this one
"
If Wii owners are buying Ubi's crap, what incentive is there for Ubi to create good games for the Wii? "

It's not wii owners fault because as I have shown , the games aren't selling.

Agreed. Ubisoft is not known for making high quality games on Wii.

RRR2 versus No More Heroes is about all that needs to be said.

DMeisterJ said:
OH.

EM.

GEE.

Enough with the Ubisoft threads.

God.

Don't take His name in vain. You might offend someone

Around the Network
windbane said:

Well they didn't made No More Heroes, published it only;..

id really like NMH to sell 500k that will prove that good games sell on wii

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

psrock said:
Besides the 360, ubisoft games dont sell well on most consoles. I know, AC sold well on ps3.

I agree. Most of Ubi's money is all from the 360. Ubi didn't really sell much on the PS3 until AC.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

windbane said:

Yeah, but RRR had alot of advertisement while no more heroes didn't. And compared to other games developed by grasshoper which sold 1,500 copies in the first week on the ps2 no more heroes is a sucess. 

Prince of Persia does deserve better sales, considering that most of the reviews are good, and it's main complaint that caused some lower reviews was that it's a remake like resident evil 4. I doubt that many people played it before that the numbers should be that low.

(NMH deserves more too, but considering it's rather short, and somewhat niche, it doing fairly well).

Tom Clancy is a lower quality port, and is probably one of the titles that ubisoft is using as a reason not to do much hard core on the wii. If they really want to test something for the hard core market on the wii, they really need to do something other than just ports.