By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just want to clear something up.

So what your saying isof the wii's 11 million plus selling third party games (14 Nintendo so 25 total), the 3 million seller games by ubisoft isnt alot- people aren't buying them? Strange considering the breakdown of AAA million sellers goes like this...

Ubisoft - 3

Capcom - 2

Sega - 2

EA - 1

Lucasarts - 1

Global Star - 1

Red Octane - 1

Around the Network

Look, all of you, stop planning to boycott Ubisoft, if all the hardcore Wii gamers boycotted Ubisoft, they would just make MORE crappy kids games because they would be the only ones that were selling

I plan to buy No more heroes, Prince of Persia if i can find it cheap and Red Steel 2 if it improves on the original (which i liked, for the most part)

merkh66 said:

So what your saying is, lets see if i got this right, of the wii's 11 million plus selling third party games (14 Nintendo so 25 total), the 3 million seller games by ubisoft isnt alot- people aren't buying them? Strange considering the breakdown of AAA million sellers goes like this...

Ubisoft - 3 

Capcom - 2

Sega - 2

EA - 1 

Lucasarts - 1

Global Star - 1

Red Octane - 1 

I'm talking about the petz games and others like it.

Uhh, then don't buy the pets games? The way I see it, get off Ubi's case and get on other publishers cases. Ubisoft delivered you 3 million sellers, why don't you complain about EA or something?

merkh66 said:
Uhh, then don't buy the pets games? The way I see it, get off Ubi's case and get on other publishers cases. Ubisoft delivered you 3 million sellers, why don't you complain about EA or something?
Ea actually has some good games. Boom Blox is better than all of those games. ANd like I've said before. This is a response to somebody who keeps saying that it's the wii owners fault for buying these games, and I said I am proving that the majority of the wii owners don't. 1 out of every 128 people bought catz.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
Ea actually has some good games. Boom Blox is better than all of those games. ANd like I've said before. This is a response to somebody who keeps saying that it's the wii owners fault for buying these games, and I said I am proving that the majority of the wii owners don't. 1 out of every 128 people bought catz.

It may be better in your opinion, but sales show otherwise. No matter what you say, 3 Ubi's sold a million plus, and 1 EA did.

merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:

It may be better in your opinion, but sales show otherwise. No matter what you say, 3 Ubi's sold a million plus, and 1 EA did.

And we aren't talking about those games. Omfg. Did you read what the point of this thread was. It was about CATZ sales compared to the better quality games by ubisoft.

The reason why Ubi is still making Petz games is not because they're million sellers that "dumb, guilible" Wii owners are buying, but because they generate profits for the company.

If someone could dig up some information on just how little these games take to produce (staff, time and overall budget) then it MIGHT be a bit clearer why they continue to release them. I think it's safe to say that they aren't losing money.

Obviously some people are buying these games. There's a definite niche among Wii owners for them, just not among gamers, which face it, 99%+ of the people on this site qualify as.

MontanaHatchet said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Exactly, Ubisoft is making new Rayman Raving Rabbids and Petz games on the Wii. They know what sells. It's a lot easier and most likely cheaper to make a Petz game than a game like No More Heroes. And since it's definitely faster, than can get more profit faster, allowing them to keep their quarterly revenues up. As for Red Steel, I don't know how well a sequel would sell. I think a lot of its sales had to do with it being the only other shooter at the Wii launch besides Call of Duty 3 (a series Wii owners aren't accustomed to). And Red Steel had far more advertising.

Ubisoft has a strategy and it's very unlikely they will change it.

No, no, no! You don't know Wii owners aren't familiar with FPS. If you mean casual gamers, that would be ANY game genre.

As for the strategy, f*** them. You do not just treat a bestselling system like that.

Generally I'd say that given the sales of Call of Duty on any Nintendo platform (including the Wii) that Wii owners are not accustomed to it. The Wii version of Call of Duty 3 got outsold by the PS3 version (and let's face it, the Wii was kicking the PS3's ass even greater than it is now). Frankly, no one should have bought any of the versions, but what can you do.

And as for their strategy, whatcha gonna do? It's a terrible decision of theirs.

That still assumes most gamers who own the Wii can only have had Nintendo systems.  

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:
sc94597 said:
merkh66 said:

And we aren't talking about those games. Omfg. Did you read what the point of this thread was. It was about CATZ sales compared to the better quality games by ubisoft.

Oh so the point isn't to get Ubisoft to make better games? You only harp on the bad games... Don't buy them. They've produced 3 good games for your console, be happy because thats more then the other AAA's. So who cares if they produce 3 bad games per 1 good game, just buy the good one..