By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just want to clear something up.

psrock said:
petz dogs sold 260k copies almost as much as NMH, who bought that game?
And no more heroes is known for bad sales right?  I'm pretty sure  1/128 wii owners buying the game isn't too much.

Around the Network

The top three are the only games that sold ok/well. Two casuals one and a hardcore one...But if I see whole that chart it is almost saying that the hardcore and casual games ( UBISOFT games) are not selling well on the Wii.

Imthelegend said:
I can see what he is saying. Wii owners are buying games like RRR and Red Steel and not casual games like catz. Why would Ubisoft continue to make crappy casual games like that then.

Kind of. I'm trying to say that they are wrong when they assume wii owners are buying these games in the other threads. They just ignore it in the other threads so I made a thread about it. 

konnichiwa said:
The top three are the only games that sold ok/well. Two casuals one and a hardcore one...But if I see whole that chart it is almost saying that the hardcore and casual games are not selling well on the Wii.
Because they are bad games. There is only good or bad in this situation. Not casual or hardcore. The only decent games are RRR and red steel is somewhat good.

@Konnichiwa: And thats the point, they aren't selling cause they are crap.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Well...people are always talking about how series will move to the Wii because the development costs will be relatively less expensive. Don't you think that Dogz is probably a lot cheaper to make than RRR, even if it doesn't sell as well?

Exactly, Ubisoft is making new Rayman Raving Rabbids and Petz games on the Wii. They know what sells. It's a lot easier and most likely cheaper to make a Petz game than a game like No More Heroes. And since it's definitely faster, than can get more profit faster, allowing them to keep their quarterly revenues up. As for Red Steel, I don't know how well a sequel would sell. I think a lot of its sales had to do with it being the only other shooter at the Wii launch besides Call of Duty 3 (a series Wii owners aren't accustomed to). And Red Steel had far more advertising.

Ubisoft has a strategy and it's very unlikely they will change it.

Torillian said:
Well...people are always talking about how series will move to the Wii because the development costs will be relatively less expensive. Don't you think that Dogz is probably a lot cheaper to make than RRR, even if it doesn't sell as well?
There isn't enough of a difference to compensate for the low sales.

Besides the 360, ubisoft games dont sell well on most consoles. I know, AC sold well on ps3.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

This thread is made to reply to all posts like this one
"
If Wii owners are buying Ubi's crap, what incentive is there for Ubi to create good games for the Wii? "

It's not wii owners fault because as I have shown , the games aren't selling.