By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will pass 360 in Europe in two weeks time.

PS3 is selling well in Europe, much quicker than the 360, mostly due to brand loyalty. In america, PS3 and 360 are selling about the same, but the longer the battle continues, the more effect blu-ray is going to have, as more and more people pick up HD sets. Throughout this year, the library gap is going to increase as more and more good PS3 titles are released (MGS 4 should have a major impact) and so the reasons to get a 360 over PS3 decrease, so PS3 sales will be a lot better than 360 sales this holiday ww

Around the Network

Munkeh111 is on the money

tombi123 said:
If you align the launches of the Wii and PS3 in Europe, the PS3 is only 800K units behind. I don't think people realise how well the PS3 is selling in Europe.
Holy shit!  You are correct; I had not realized (or had forgotten) that it was doing THAT well.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

^^ Brand loyalty, from those loyal Playstation fans being ripped on that other thread...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I dont see europe, only U.K, and other europe, were did he get those numbers?

Around the Network

chart ---> hardware by date or hardware from launch---> select platforms and dates ----> and select europe for all platforms

According to Sony they already have outsold the 360 in Europe.

Diomedes1976 said:
According to Sony they already have outsold the 360 in Europe.

Because the PS3 outsells the 360 by roughly 30K every week, Sony have probably shipped more PS3's to Europe than Microsoft have shipped 360's to Europe.

tombi123 said:

Why has the PS3 caught up so quickly? Is the PS3 selling really well, or is the 360 just doing badly, or a combination of the two?

DISCUSS... 

its because more people worldwide want a PS3 and not an xbox 360 full stop, in the years to come ps3 will rocket ahead and i cant wait for that to happen.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

eliasg said:

bet with everyone here, by the time PS3 overpass 360 in the United States i will delete my account from vgchartz...

*in overall sales 

i think many will leave vgchartz when ps3 is ahead worldwide

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...