By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will pass 360 in Europe in two weeks time.

tombi123 said:
eliasg said:
so what???

360 is destroying PS3 in American Sales...

Are you blind?? The PS3 and 360 are pretty much even in NA since the start of the year, with the recent trend being that the PS3 outsells the 360.

Also I think it is important because the PS3 is just about to pass the 360 in arguably the biggest market in the world...

I am not blind!!! NPD reports from March and April 360 was still ahead of PS3...

Around the Network
eliasg said:

*colonelstubbs You have notice that 360 has sold 6 million more units in America???

Also you have noticed that 360 has sold more units in the last 2 NPD  reports???

The one year lead might have something to do with that. By your logic the PS2 is destroying Wii+360+PS3 in America.

eliasg said:
tombi123 said:
eliasg said:
so what???

360 is destroying PS3 in American Sales...

Are you blind?? The PS3 and 360 are pretty much even in NA since the start of the year, with the recent trend being that the PS3 outsells the 360.

Also I think it is important because the PS3 is just about to pass the 360 in arguably the biggest market in the world...

I am not blind!!! NPD reports from March and April 360 was still ahead of PS3...

I was talking about VGC numbers. NPD is USA only, not all of NA. Also according to NPD in USA, 360 and PS3 are tied in sales.

eliasg said:

*colonelstubbs You have notice that 360 has sold 6 million more units in America???

Also you have noticed that 360 has sold more units in the last 2 NPD  reports???

Are we forgetting the year headstart the 360 enjoyed?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

bet with everyone here, by the time PS3 overpass 360 in the United States i will delete my account from vgchartz...

*in overall sales 

Around the Network

No benefit for us is there?

eliasg said:

bet with everyone here, by the time PS3 overpass 360 in the United States i will delete my account from vgchartz...

*in overall sales 

That will be in fall 2010. So you will delete your account then?

Everybody is like: blah blah Sony's end of year line-up is better than 360's, so it will sell more...

But you all seem to be forgetting Sony's (not so) secret weapon: blu-ray.

It's practicaly RAINING blu-ray releases and HD sets being sold by the bucketload. So come holiday season, lots of consumers are gonna buy into the next generation of home cinema, and lots of them will pick the PS3 for it's multifunctional capabilities.

So yes, PS3 sells a bit more than 360 now, and their end-of year line-up is better (not THAT much, but still), but on top of that, they'll win over film bufs

I'm not saying they'll catch up on 360 by the end of 08, but the rate at which they catch up, will only speed up from now on.

Prodigy_BE said:
Everybody is like: blah blah Sony's end of year line-up is better than 360's, so it will sell more...

It's practicaly RAINING blu-ray releases and HD sets being sold by the bucketload. So come holiday season, lots of consumers are gonna buy into the next generation of home cinema, and lots of them will pick the PS3 for it's multifunctional capabilities.

So yes, PS3 sells a bit more than 360 now, and their end-of year line-up is better (not THAT much, but still), but on top of that, they'll win over film bufs

I'm not saying they'll catch up on 360 by the end of 08, but the rate at which they catch up, will only speed up from now on.

Not strictly true.

Blu Ray isnt selling as well as Sony would have hoped

colonelstubbs said:
Prodigy_BE said:

Not strictly true.

Blu Ray isnt selling as well as Sony would have hoped

Really? Got a link where Sony said that? 

Blu-Ray is catching on quicker than DVD was at the same point in its life. Blu-Ray is very successful at the moment.