By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Wars Force unleashed wii version the only version hat have online

Look, all non Wii owners should just be glad the game actually made it to your console

This is essentially an exclusive Wii game with a crappy PS3 and 360 port

Around the Network

hmmm... I will still be buying the PS3 version

it will have an epic and nex-gen feel....for a star wars game I want the new physics engine, n the grfx..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

scottie said:
Look, all non Wii owners should just be glad the game actually made it to your console

This is essentially an exclusive Wii game with a crappy PS3 and 360 port

It's generally showcased as an HD game, but believe what you want =)

Leni said:

come on, Wii online is just ok, also all coming Wii channels have to do with online....
Mario Strikers and Pokemon game have a good online as well, the only game with bad online on Wii is the dragonball b.t. 3..... : (

btw, Ps3 needs more than 1 hour to download a simple update, a lot of time to downlaod a game and also Ps3 internet browser is much slower than Wii, i don't understand why the Wii online is considered as not good, as it does everything quite fast!?

Updates don't take that long anymore. The last one just took a few minutes. I can usually get a nice connection for demo downloads and such, over 1MB/s. Is the Wii browser faster? I've been using the PS3 browser lately and I'd love to replace it with the Wii if it's better. I refuse to pay $5 for it unless it's really good, though, and I've heard bad things about it. There are many reasons that Wii has a terrible online rep, though...Brawl is terrible, and not fast at all. It takes forever to start fighting. Mario Kart is decent. Friend codes suck. It's just a clunky interface with fewer features than most HD online games.

yushire said:
To be specific, there's no multiplayer in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, because there is on the Wii, PSP, and DS. As far as specific reasons are concerned, we don't really like to get into the reasons why we don't do things because I don't think there's really a satisfactory answer that people would really be happy with. So, there isn't multiplayer and that's kind of how it is... 

This statement doesn't add up: on the one hand, they're stating there's no online for the HD boxes "because there is on the Wii, PSP, and DS". Then they go on to say "we don't really like to get into the reasons why we don't do things because I don't think there's really a satisfactory answer".

Now perhaps I'm missing something, but if there's no satisfactory answer, why did they give a specific reason (that they are differentiating the SKUs by feature set, basically)? The easy (and safe) out is: 'due to time constraints we had to nix the online portion for the HD consoles.' Problem-solved and nobody gets upset or bent out of shape.

So, either this is a ham-handed attempt at having it both ways or something was lost in the translation (so to speak). Either way, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense looking at it purely from a competent PR point of view.

Around the Network
tabsina said:
windbane said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
But the story should be the same for all the versions (except handhelds I believe not 100% on that) and the Wii and PS2 version is supposed to have 5 extra levels so maybe even more of the story, so all in all I think if you want a game to goof around in pick up the 360/PS3 version, if you want a game with lasting power you'd want the Wii version, but that's my 2 cents.

I hope the story is all the same, but in an "epic" game like this I'll always prefer better graphics and effects. From what I've seen, though, the Wii version does look pretty good. I wonder what the PS3 and 360 versions are getting. PSP is getting historical battles, I believe...

Yeap, i'm pretty sure you are right.. i think it also has (along with the wii version) a few extra story levels.. like returning to the jedi temple to kill off the remaining spirits.. i doubt they'd be integral for the main story, but just a little something extra

I hope the extras aren't important. I hope the Wii multplayer is the best addition. That way I won't care, heh. If I feel like I'm missing story elements I'll end up playing multiple versions. I don't want to give in to their plan, though.

exindguy: I agree that they aren't making a lot of sense there. It lowers my confidence in this game, but I want it to be good so bad...

wow for once the wii isn't being gimped... this is very odd

ps3/360 fans, i guess you know how it feelsto be a wii fan right now

wii friend code: 3164-3458-9149-5470

PSN ID: youjiro87

360 Gamertag: PM me to find out!

Here's some new info that gamespot got from a hands-off demo they were shown by some lucasarts reps. Contains spoilers.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/starwars2007/news.html?sid=6191079

NJ5 said:
Parokki said:
Trying to increase sales by giving every version something the others don't have? The Wii version has online, while the 360/PS3 version has better physics and such.

That seems to be their strategy. I recall seeing a video where they were touting each version's special features. Even the PS2 had something unique I think.

That means Star Wars hardcore fans will own every console, great for the video games market :P

Got a own them all, Cosolemon! Normaly I would want each ver. of a game to be the best it can be, but it's actually a smart idea to add unique content/features to each one similar to soulcalibur 2 having different charcters. Seems like the wii version is the overall best, if you focus on gameplay like I do. ie, motion sensing controls, online multi-player, and extra stages with extra story. Ofcourse, if you only 1 console and it's still a good game on your console, who cares. Get it and be happy with it. Simple as that.