By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Wars Force unleashed wii version the only version hat have online

DKII said:
Not to burst anyone's bubble here, but where does it say anything about online? All it says is Wii has multiplayer and PS3/360 don't. Could still be local multiplayer.

Yeah I read it as the DS/PSP have Wi-Fi and the Wii has the duel mode which is local play.

Around the Network
yushire said:
To be specific, there's no multiplayer in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, because there is on the Wii, PSP, and DS. As far as specific reasons are concerned, we don't really like to get into the reasons why we don't do things because I don't think there's really a satisfactory answer that people would really be happy with. So, there isn't multiplayer and that's kind of how it is...

I will translate for you:

We have two developement shops working on this game. And While the Wii/PS2 shop is doing a great job, the PS3/360 shop is sucking so bad that they can't get online to work well. We would tell you more as to why the PS3/360 will not have online, but that would either mean we have to call out develpers many many derogitoy names, or lie about the whole thing. Insead, we will just tell you nothing. But rest assuered, we are just as pissed about it as you are.

Boy, I'm glad I got a Wii.

Predictions for 2009: (Right) (Wrong) (Partial)

Pokemon Gold/Silver DS Japan in September

NES colored Wii and SNES Classic Controler for Christmas

Super Role Bros for Christmas

FF Remakes announced; VII PS3 VIII 360 IX Wii

New Super Mario World November 2009

Leni said:

come on, Wii online is just ok, also all coming Wii channels have to do with online....
Mario Strikers and Pokemon game have a good online as well, the only game with bad online on Wii is the dragonball b.t. 3..... : (

btw, Ps3 needs more than 1 hour to download a simple update, a lot of time to downlaod a game and also Ps3 internet browser is much slower than Wii, i don't understand why the Wii online is considered as not good, as it does everything quite fast!?

Because people are lazy and don't want to imput friend codes.

That's about it. 

we don't really like to get into the reasons why we don't do things because I don't think there's really a satisfactory answer that people would really be happy with

LOL thats a great sentence. I could care less for tacked on multiplayer in a game like Force unleashed anyway.

Around the Network

It's not online multiplayer, it's local only.

Also, the PS3 and 360 versions have no additional features other than their emotion engine where flying people grab onto each other for nonsensical reasons.

The PS2 version also has no features the Wii version does not. It has 5 additional levels but the Wii version also has that in addition to the exclusive duel mode.

have no additional features other than their emotion engine

You mean besides the fact that the Wii/PS2 version doesn't have Havok physics but some "special" version, Euphoria people/object interaction and incomplete destruction physics?
Which together make up 99% of the coolness factor of the game right?

IF you call this nonsensical, you must live in a pretty strong NRDF (Nintendo reality distortion field)

Leni said:

come on, Wii online is just ok, also all coming Wii channels have to do with online....
Mario Strikers and Pokemon game have a good online as well, the only game with bad online on Wii is the dragonball b.t. 3..... : (

btw, Ps3 needs more than 1 hour to download a simple update, a lot of time to downlaod a game and also Ps3 internet browser is much slower than Wii, i don't understand why the Wii online is considered as not good, as it does everything quite fast!?

Are you running your PS3 off a 56k modem or are you just talking out of your ass? 

OT: Like people have said it seems like a statergy to keep one version of the game from bombing really. Its a shame, cause multiplayer would have been nice...I love local co-op for games like this, oh well. 

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Kyros said:
have no additional features other than their emotion engine

You mean besides the fact that the Wii/PS2 version doesn't have Havok physics but some "special" version, Euphoria people/object interaction and incomplete destruction physics?
Which together make up 99% of the coolness factor of the game right?

IF you call this nonsensical, you must live in a pretty strong NRDF (Nintendo reality distortion field)

Ah, right. There are a lot of people who don't understand technology.  Sorry I shouldn't have been so general:

The Wii version uses Havok physics, which allows for destruction and disruption of the environment.  There is no such thing as "complete destruction physics."  Everything breaks in pre-set ways.  The only difference between the PS360 and Wii versions in this instance is that there are more preset commands involved in an individual object's bending and breaking.  Similar to polygon count, it's mostly just an example of level of higher level of detail and technical performance. 

The emotion engine allows people to interact with other people and objects while flying through the air.  Discounting the fac that it's kind of ridiculous that storm troopers grab each other and pirouette off into infinity, this is supposed to give a realistic representation of how a human being would react if thrown into the air.  This is the first feature the Wii version is missing.

The other feature the Wii version is missing is DMM or Digital Molecular Matter.   DMM is supposed to give realistic "substance" to 3D objects.  This mostly effects iron bars and solid tall objects like the trees the Rancor is seen pushing through.  

So, to reiterrate, the PS3 and 360 versions have no additional features other than the emotion engine and DMM, which allow Storm Troopers to grab things and trees to bend more realistically.  Obviously both also include superior graphics and generally higher level of detail in both physics and animation.

If you want more of an explanation on how things are destroyed in video games and how some physics operations work, there's an educational Half-Life 2 mod you can get here.

twesterm said:

Online doesn't matter?

LOL. I knew someone would do this.

++