By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Wars Force unleashed wii version the only version hat have online

Wait, it say right in the article only DS/PSP have online.

Wii has multiplayer locally only. NO ONLINE. So HD owners you don't need to feel like you're getting jipped - much.

Around the Network

It just really annoys me. I spent many years playing the jedi knight multiplayer modes and I was looking for a next gen replacement. The single player looks good aswell but it just removes something thats essential to my enjoyment of these type of games. If I wanted a solely single player jedi game I'd play kotor, which has far more depth. My brother will probably end up buying this for the wii, but I was going to buy it for the 360 aswell. Which is now not going to happen. Lucas Arts idea is a great one, but it really amounts to cutting essential features from the product instead of adding anything on top of that. Their plan backfired in my case as my houeshold wont be buying multiple copies of the game now. What they should have done is have the complete experience for all systems, eg multiplayer, physics (to the best of the hardwares abilities) and single player etc and then added the unique features on-top of the base product. Sure it would have upped costs, but then again gimping certain versions is IMO going to limit sales for said versions.

As pointed out earlier in the thread, this is not an attack on the wii version. Far from it. I'm glad the wii's getting a great version. Its more just sheer disappointment at the other versions :(

windbane said:
tabsina said:
windbane said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
But the story should be the same for all the versions (except handhelds I believe not 100% on that) and the Wii and PS2 version is supposed to have 5 extra levels so maybe even more of the story, so all in all I think if you want a game to goof around in pick up the 360/PS3 version, if you want a game with lasting power you'd want the Wii version, but that's my 2 cents.

I hope the story is all the same, but in an "epic" game like this I'll always prefer better graphics and effects. From what I've seen, though, the Wii version does look pretty good. I wonder what the PS3 and 360 versions are getting. PSP is getting historical battles, I believe...

Yeap, i'm pretty sure you are right.. i think it also has (along with the wii version) a few extra story levels.. like returning to the jedi temple to kill off the remaining spirits.. i doubt they'd be integral for the main story, but just a little something extra

I hope the extras aren't important. I hope the Wii multplayer is the best addition. That way I won't care, heh. If I feel like I'm missing story elements I'll end up playing multiple versions. I don't want to give in to their plan, though.

Just saw this:

NZGamer: The Wii version is going to have a slightly different story isn’t it?

Dan: The great thing about working on the Wii version with Krome studios we were able to come up with some unique content - five different missions in three locations that you won’t find on the PS3 and 360. One of those missions is the Jedi Temple; it kind of weaves into the story. Darth Vader sends you to the Jedi Temple; it has been destroyed after the Clone Wars and you’re there investigating, you’re seeing what’s going on and you go into these Jedi Trials which teach you about yourself, makes you stronger and puts you against these enemies that you’ve never seen before, for example, the ghosts of long dead Sith opponents.

take from that what you will

thats an odd move surely, u would think multiplayer would be a big selling point for a game like that, i was gonna buy the Wii version anyway, after this i definetley will.

This strikes me odd. im not much of an online guy so this is not really making me anymore excited I was going to not buy this because they are using the same engine from the PS2 (so i assumed *the graphics are going to be the same*) until i read IGN's preview and they said the visuals look better than the PS2 version. Anyway i guess every verison has their own exclusive feature which will drive sales.

Around the Network

Slightly off topic, but not since some of you decided to contrast online implementations between the three consoles...

The one thing I love about Nintendo online is I don't have to listen to some child, teen or ignorant person who thinks they know something flap their lips. Even if I could mute them (which gets tiring if you play the game often), I prefer knowing that they know they're not berating me in any way. I could put up with WoW because we controlled the server, but in other cases it means I just play less or not at all such as with CS or TF2.

What I'd like to see Nintendo do is add persistence, storing my Mii as well as my progress in games online so that I could hop onto any other Wii and use my own hard earned achievements.

But then... this is me :)

tabsina said:
windbane said:
tabsina said:
windbane said:
MaxwellGT2000 said:
But the story should be the same for all the versions (except handhelds I believe not 100% on that) and the Wii and PS2 version is supposed to have 5 extra levels so maybe even more of the story, so all in all I think if you want a game to goof around in pick up the 360/PS3 version, if you want a game with lasting power you'd want the Wii version, but that's my 2 cents.

I hope the story is all the same, but in an "epic" game like this I'll always prefer better graphics and effects. From what I've seen, though, the Wii version does look pretty good. I wonder what the PS3 and 360 versions are getting. PSP is getting historical battles, I believe...

Yeap, i'm pretty sure you are right.. i think it also has (along with the wii version) a few extra story levels.. like returning to the jedi temple to kill off the remaining spirits.. i doubt they'd be integral for the main story, but just a little something extra

I hope the extras aren't important. I hope the Wii multplayer is the best addition. That way I won't care, heh. If I feel like I'm missing story elements I'll end up playing multiple versions. I don't want to give in to their plan, though.

Just saw this:

NZGamer: The Wii version is going to have a slightly different story isn’t it?

Dan: The great thing about working on the Wii version with Krome studios we were able to come up with some unique content - five different missions in three locations that you won’t find on the PS3 and 360. One of those missions is the Jedi Temple; it kind of weaves into the story. Darth Vader sends you to the Jedi Temple; it has been destroyed after the Clone Wars and you’re there investigating, you’re seeing what’s going on and you go into these Jedi Trials which teach you about yourself, makes you stronger and puts you against these enemies that you’ve never seen before, for example, the ghosts of long dead Sith opponents.

take from that what you will

Hum...interesting.  It does sound a little better than, say, Mass Effect side quests that add nothing to the story.  Or perhaps Oblivion, where losing a few quests wouldn't matter much.  I guess I'll have to wait for reviews on this one. 

twesterm said:
windbane said:
scottie said:
Look, all non Wii owners should just be glad the game actually made it to your console

This is essentially an exclusive Wii game with a crappy PS3 and 360 port

It's generally showcased as an HD game, but believe what you want =)

Online doesn't matter?

windbane said:
thetonestarr said:
Profcrab said:
thetonestarr said:
I'm not sure why people keep saying this is a "gimped version". It has all the exact same features except DLC, correct? DLC isn't THAT big a deal. It's definitely nice, but certainly nothing to consider the game "gimped" over.

Your right, not having the option to play two thirds (56 songs in the game/100 DLC songs so for) of the available songs for the game wouldn't make the game gimped at all . . .

Considering the fact that you're paying extra for that, and many people (see: most casual gamers and fair chunk of the hardcore crowd) don't care for paying for extra content...

...yeaaaaaaah. Not to mention the Wii version has 63 songs, not 56. Additionally, Guitar Hero III isn't considered "gimped" even though it doesn't have DLC, like II did. AND, Rockband has more-or-less the same number of songs as GH, but a much more complex game setup and a more diverse offering.

How does any of that make it gimped? Okay, no DLC. But, uh, if you DO get every single downloadable song, you end up paying over $250 for the whole thing in the end. For those of us that don't want to spend more than the already tremendous $170, there's nothing missing out. DLC? Big deal.

Wii version only has 5 extra songs, so either 56 or 63 is wrong. 10 million song downloads don't lie. 4 million in the last month and a half. Lots of people are downloading songs. Even just 5 of your favorites completely makes the game. You get to pick and choose every week. GH DLC = garbage in comparison to Rock Band. It is gimped because of no DLC, which is Nintendo's fault (as Rocktpig and MrStickBall have said: why would EA not want more money?), as well as no character creation, world tour mode, online play, etc, which is Harmonix's fault I guess. It's a PS2 port with 5 extra songs. At least with the PS2 instruments you can use them with the PS3 because they are the same, so a future console purchase gives you DLC without having to pay for more instruments. Hopfully the Wii instruments are compatible as well.

windbane said:
Galaxy's flaws: camera. powerups timed, limited, suck. difficulty only on a few later levels. no online (16-player open world, anyone). oh wait...no multiplayer (no, getting star bits doesn't count). Replay to get 121 stars = pointless = limited replayability.

Great game? Yes. Lots of flaws? Yes.

Keep the GTA hate coming, guys...although, you do take the cake by suggesting every publication was bribed. Wow.

Wow, how long have you been saving this up? I hope not too long.

First of all, nowhere in this thread did I say "online doesn't matter." In fact, since there is no online play (as other MODS have said), I also didn't say "multiplayer doesn't matter."

Now, in order of my quotes you saved that have nothing to do with this thread: I have said repeatedly that I don't think Rock Band is about online multiplayer. It's best played locally. My quote up there is about DLC, which the Wii doesn't have enough space for. That has nothing to do with online play.

The 2nd quote was about GTA IV getting perfect scores despite having flaws, and someone claiming that Galaxy was a game that should be scored higher. While scores come down to opinions, all I was doing there was listing flaws in the game. Would I review it lower than 90%? No. It's a fantastic game. However, it does have flaws. The main point is that a game doesn't have to be flawless to get a perfect score...TO ME. A lot of people disagree; they like the gymnastics scale of perfection.

Galaxy has very limited multiplayer. One of the great additions of GTA IV is multiplayer. Before, it was just a single player game, much like main Mario games. Now, it has multiplayer. Galaxy had collecting star bits. Should that lower the score? Perhaps not, but if you are judging a game based on whether it should be Game of the Year, it could be a big factor. When I finished Galaxy, I sent it back to gamefly. When I finish GTA IV, I can play online multiplayer.

Now, finally, back on topic: I am not purchasing this Star Wars game. Like most games, I will rent it. I said that it's fortunate that I wasn't anticipating multiplayer for this game because I just want to play the single player game for the story. Now, other people, namely Tabsina, had a reasoned discusion with me about it. I said it worries me that all the games have different qualities. It could be a sign of trouble that the game doesn't have multiplayer except on the Wii. I never said "multiplayer doesn't matter." I merely said I will probably prefer the HD version of the game because of the technical qualities of the game. Why you have to resort to this pointless post about me is beyond me.

well, seems that it's not clear if the game will have online at all.....

Wii console: 0595 8808 5698 2709
Super Smash Bros Brawl: 1161 1357 5188

Mario Kart Wii: 1633 4506 4319

PES 2008: 1633 5820 0347

DragonBall Z BT 3: 3823 9760 9484

Pokemon Battle Revolution: 3480 2645 9186
Feel free to add me, and sent me a pm with your Friend Code!!