By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Wars Force unleashed wii version the only version hat have online

http://www.destructoid.com/lucasarts-says-no-force-unleashed-ps3-360-multiplayer-i-practice-my-force-choke-86281.phtml

A couple of weeks ago, X-Play got an exclusive look at the Duel Mode in the Wii version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. It seemed like a ton of fun, and I figured that while it wouldn’t be as awesome to swing around a lightsaber with two analog sticks, it’d still be plenty satisfying. Unfortunately, LucasArts has announced that the HD current-gen (yeah, I said it) versions of the game — i.e., the PS3 and 360 versions — will not have any multiplayer component.

According to a LucasArts spokesman, the “reason” for the lack of a multiplayer mode on the PS3 and 360 is … because one exists in the Wii, PSP, and DS versions (it’s Wi-Fi on the handhelds, of course). Wait...WHAT? Apparently, they believe that it’s better to give no explanation at all than to try and give even a bullsh*t PR answer. Frankly, I just find that infuriating, but you be the judge:

To be specific, there's no multiplayer in the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, because there is on the Wii, PSP, and DS. As far as specific reasons are concerned, we don't really like to get into the reasons why we don't do things because I don't think there's really a satisfactory answer that people would really be happy with. So, there isn't multiplayer and that's kind of how it is...

I’m just waiting for the next edition of Webster’s Dictionary to feature this statement as a definition of the word “lame”. Hell, I would’ve been happy if he’d said something like, “We were originally working on a PS3/360 multiplayer mode, but had to scrap those plans due to time constraints.” But as it stands, we’ve got nothing; instead, we’ll have to pick up the Wii/DS/PSP versions or forever lament the inability to recreate the Obi-Wan/Vader fight from Revenge of the Sith.

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

One of the rare multi-platform games where the Wii has more features then the PS3/X360

Absolutely a waste. I'm not going to buy it now if this is true.

Seem the Wii version is the definitive version

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Fortunately, I'll be playing this game for the story so it won't matter if there is a lack of multiplayer. There's always Soul Calibur for that.

I'd like to think the developrs are just trying to get people to buy multiple versions, but I'm afraid it's just a time constraint issue...

I just want the story to be better than the last 3 movies...and that won't be hard.

Around the Network

Trying to increase sales by giving every version something the others don't have? The Wii version has online, while the 360/PS3 version has better physics and such.

all of the versions are different from one another. Which I think is a smart move.
If this is the case though.. it is obvious the multiplayer will be very limited/wii centric.
Or at least that is my guess.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

Good, go wii

FaRmLaNd said:
Why are you posting in this thread if you dont like the game then? 

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
FaRmLaNd said:
Why are you posting in this thread if you dont like the game then?

I never stated I didn't like the game, infact I've been looking forward to it for a long time. But its wasted potential to deny the 360/ps3 version online multiplayer. I bought many of the jedi knigts games and I spent most of the time playing the multiplayer aspects of it and hence why now I'm not going to buy it. This is a stupid move by a supid company that hasn't made a good game since it was making point and click adventure games.