By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 vs Ninja Gaiden 2

2 differents games on 2 healthy plateforms : no competition

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Kyros said:
you realize the brilliance of the fighting system

I didn't play it that much but yes the fighting mechanic was nice. A really important aspect of games. But somehow I can't put a game where you fight Ninjas on motorcycles as leather-clad dominatrix in the same league as MGS. I suppose it depends on what you want from games.

Yeah I agree with what you're saying... a friend had to beat me over the head to play NG on the xbox. i wasn't interested...but after I invested 5 solid hours in to it...what I got back in return was amazing.

I think NG2 would be a success with about 350,000 to 400,000 1st week. MGS4 should do about what MKWii did 1st week. So now as far as one effecting the other, I don't think that will be a problem. We just saw 2 games GTAIV & MKWii sell tremendous amounts even though both were released on the same week. The only way this could happen is if it was on the same console.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

MGS4 will not affect Ninja Gaiden 2 sales.

MGS4 will sell 4 million.

Ninja Gaiden 2 will sell 1,5 million.

But that doesn't matter, because Splinter Cell: Conviction will be better than MGS4.

Slimebeast said:
MGS4 will not affect Ninja Gaiden 2 sales.

MGS4 will sell 4 million.

Ninja Gaiden 2 will sell 1,5 million.

But that doesn't matter, because Splinter Cell: Conviction will be better than MGS4.

err...I love my 360 and all...but I would gladly trade Splinter Cell for Metal Gear 4...

Around the Network
Slimebeast said:

Based off sales? reviews? or opinion?

Kyros said:
you realize the brilliance of the fighting system

I didn't play it that much but yes the fighting mechanic was nice. A really important aspect of games. But somehow I can't put a game where you fight Ninjas on motorcycles as leather-clad dominatrix in the same league as MGS. I suppose it depends on what you want from games.

Because fighting an obese wine drinking man in a trenchcoat on roller skates, a homosexuel immortal dancing vampire and interacting with a bald monkey that wears silver diapers that chugs soda is much more serious.

Personally I think they compete in a bit different leagues. MGS4 is stealth and NG2 is action. They're also being released on different consoles as exclusives. Only if someone is really wants both, I guess MGS4 might be the winner (mostly).

Doesn't NG already struggle enough to hit 1 million?

Red*Pokemon*Trainer said:
Doesn't NG already struggle enough to hit 1 million?

If you look at the ps3 re-release that came out during the dead ps3 summer months in 2007...sure... Thats kinda like putting Socom on the 360...most people will ask..."WTF is this, Halo?"

The xbox one however has a big following and should do 1.5 - 2 million worldwide easily. Remember, Ninja gaiden started in arcades in the early 80s and has been released on NES, SNES, Game Gear...all of which were stellar games.

there is no comparison MGS4 is the best of the two