By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 vs Ninja Gaiden 2

GameGuru writes-"Two agents of destruction (Ryu and Snake) seeking for retribution, set out in their quest to meet their destiny and conquer their fears in the month of June, but it seems Snake’s saga is going to chip Ryu’s “gaiden” (Japanese for the continuing saga) into a million pieces even prior to its release

Sony did something similar with Heavenly Sword releasing it on September 12, two weeks before Halo 3 and although it was a new IP with excellent production values, it did not quite make the grade that it was expected to initially (in terms of sales). It took the game a considerable amount of time to hit a million copies. Had Sony delayed the game till October it would have fared much better in the absence of Grand Theft Auto 4 which was due to be released in 2007 at that point of time." 

http://www.gameguru.in/pc/2008/08/metal-gear-solid-4-to-punish-ninja-gaiden-in-sales/

So what do we think about these two very different games on two different consoles.

Will MGS4 affect the sales of Ninja Gaiden 2 that much, or will Ninja Gaiden 2 still sell well. 

Around the Network

no competition - MGS4 wins

mgs4 by a country mile.

Easy. Ninja Gaiden is going to trounce MGS.

*rolls eyes*

Duh.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

NG2 will sell well for 360. The difference is numbers sold might not be great though.
I haven't bought a game in a while so I'm planning to purchase this game.

Around the Network

I think it's great.  It means 360 owners will have something to play while PS3 owners have something to play.  There will be peace on Earth or in the forums at least for a little while.

The only people this effects are those that own consoles, which is surely a very small percentage of the total Xbox 360 and PS3 owners. As a result the sales of MGS4 will not affect the sales of NG2 and vice versa. Although MGS4 will surely sell more.

Debating with fanboys, its not
all that dissimilar to banging ones
head against a wall 

MGS4, of course.. it will do just like what happened with HS and Halo 3.. just like the article says.. even worse because HS was 2 weeks ahead of Halo and NG2 will only be 1 week.., its goin to look bad for NG2

Playing Beyond! 

50 Blu-Ray movies

67 BR disc PS3 Games

This is stupid.
The games are in different genres, it`s like comparing coke with chips.

Every 5 seconds on earth one child dies from hunger...

2009.04.30 - PS3 will OUTSELL x360 atleast by the middle of 2010. Japan+Europe > NA.

Gran Turismo 3 - 1,06 mln. in 3 weeks with around 4 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Gran Turismo 4 - 1,16 mln. with 18 mln. PS2 on the launch.

Final Fantasy X - around 2 mln. with 5 mln. PS2 on the launch.
Final Fantasy X-2 - 2.4 mln. with 12 mln. PS2 on the launch.

1.8 mln. PS3 today(2008.01.17) in Japan. Now(2009.04.30) 3.16 mln. PS3 were sold in Japan.
PS3 will reach 4 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 25k.

PS3 may reach 5 mln. in Japan by the end of 2009 with average weekly sales 50k.
PS2 2001 vs PS3 2008 sales numbers =) + New games released in Japan by 2009 that passed 100k so far

I'm not asking which will sell more, we know the answer to that. Just wondering how MGS4 will affect the sales of Ninja Gaiden 2 because there 2 different games on 2 different consoles.