By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much does it matter for you to have the "winning" console?

I'm glad that Nintendo's concept is doing so well recruiting new gamers, retaining burned out gamers and growing the whole gaming community because I believe this disruption was essential to the health of the industry.

If HD (high tech, inaccessible and expensive) gaming on the Xbox 360 and the PS3 became the only option, gaming would have continued a slow decline which was already beginning. The recreation gamers would have been driven to flash games and cell phones. A Wii gamer may eventually decide to add or change to a HD console but once they've turned away from consoles completely, I think very few would return.

I'll get flamed for this but I honestly believe that Nintendo, in the long run, saved the industry that many accuse it of trying to destroy.

Plus it really steams the arrogant among "hardcore" gamers and I hate arrogant people.

Around the Network

it doesnt matter so much,cause for a while last gen i only had gc and i loved it,but then when i bought ps2 i saw how fun a huge and diverse library is

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I always end up owning all the consoles of a generation so it doesn't matter to me.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I buy what I enjoy playing so I win. Don't care if Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft all go to hell in a hand basket.

VGChartz forums: the new gamefaqs

I affects my day so drastically that I deterimine tommorws break fast based on specific numbers in the unit sold when you take the difference and multiply it by Pi.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

Having the 'winning' console means less than having a console that sells like it should.

The PS3 is a mighty machine and deserves huge sales, despite the price, and as long as it sells on a par with its rival the 360, whos gonna complain?

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

I've owned an N64, DC, Xbox and enjoyed all three immensely. What does that tell you?

Before this generation I didn't even pay attention to sales. just play the games and enjoy them!

It's more important to me to have 2 or 3 stellar games that can't be gotten elsewhere at that time. The combination of Metroid Prime 1 and 2, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, RE remake and RE4 on one system put the Gamecube on par with the PS2.

As for today, they say PC gaming is in trouble but it's my platform of choice

I personally don't care if the console of my choice wins or not. What I care about is fun, quality games that I enjoy playing. For me, that's what the PS3 offers and is why I got one.

I also have a 360, but many of the games on it are also on the PS3, and I just defer to the PS3 since it's what I prefer to play. (Don't care much for the 360 controller).

The wii, the games really don't appeal to me, so there's no need to have one at this time.

Get your Portable ID!

My pokemon brings all the nerds to the yard. And they're like, "You wanna trade cards?" Damn right, I wanna trade cards. I'll trade this, but not my charizard.

I mostly buy just Nintendo games