By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much does it matter for you to have the "winning" console?

If you're a PS3 fan, does it make you more angry that your console is selling less AKA currently "losing" to Xbox in sales?

And if you're a Wii fan, does it make you happy that the Wii is outselling everyone? 

Does it make the games funner? Why is it that "# of consoles sold" has to factor into it (besides the potential size of game library). Even if you have a gaming system that's in last place, but you currently have an awesome game library for it, shouldn't that be enough?

Around the Network

A lot I only buy the winning console each gen. Since I now it will get a lot of quality games and good third party support. I'm not a fanboy I'm only on the winners team.

The PS3 is not loosing to the XBOX in sales.. please dont tell me your looking at nexgenwars.com

mM

I guess the fanboys' fear lies in the number of upcomming games for the console.... it's a fear with no foundation and no logical reason..

For fanboys:

Most sold consode = more games for that console

Most units sold of a mutli platform game on one console = more of that genre on that console.

Nope, doesn't effect me one iota. I like what I like. Of course if the games are not there, then the purchase may not have been the best choice.

Around the Network

With Nintendo, not so much.

Sure its nice to have the winning console since you are much more guaranteed to get high levels of 3rd party support. But, when it comes to Nintendo, I was happy with my GC and N64 since Nintendo makes great games all on their own and I now am confronted with the fact that I don't have enough free $$ and time to buy all the games I would like to own.

I like the notion that the Wii will receive better 3rd party support because of its position in the market space. The fact itself that it's leading is indifferent.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

If the ps3 will be winning this gen. I would have been supporting it and hating the other consoles since I did the same last gen.I supported the ps2 and hated the gamecube and the xbox.

Well sense when has the PS3 been "losing" to the Xbox360?? as far as i see its been winning for many months now.. if ya want to put it in a win/lose situation..

Playing Beyond! 

50 Blu-Ray movies

67 BR disc PS3 Games

I have all three therefore I couldn't care less which ones ends up with the most sales. Actually, I couldn't care less even if I owned only one...