By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much does it matter for you to have the "winning" console?

Viper1 said:
I like the notion that the Wii will receive better 3rd party support because of its position in the market space. The fact itself that it's leading is indifferent.

i think you mean more 3rd party support, and more doesn't mean better.

Around the Network
BCNR34 said:
Viper1 said:
I like the notion that the Wii will receive better 3rd party support because of its position in the market space. The fact itself that it's leading is indifferent.

Nice jab but I can step in that ring and dance too but you don't want to go there.

I'll just sit ring side and tell you to wait for E3.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

I, to be perfectly honest, love the fact that my favourite console is winning. I prefer Nintendo as a company so them having a success does make me happy. I far prefer their current business strategy and size to the other two competitors.

A year ago it was important cause i thought if Wii outsold the other two 3rd parties couldn't ignore it. I was wrong, now i don't care as long as Nintendo continues making good games

melbye said:
A year ago it was important cause i thought if Wii outsold the other two 3rd parties couldn't ignore it. I was wrong, now i don't care as long as Nintendo continues making good games

No your not wrong. The wiis third party is getting better and you could see it. The difference between wii and hd console support is that the wii is providing an environment for small developers while the hd consoles are providing it for large ones. This may even be an advantage since small developers usually think more on creating a good game rather than on money. Once they become big they are corrupt.

Around the Network

To me it doesnt matter its the games that count.

"Like you know"

BCNR34 said:
Viper1 said:

QFT, I think this to myself everytime the Wii boys start to go off about how 3rd party support for the Wii is increasing.   It may be getting more, but the games I am interested in just aren't there.  That's why I'm happy with my 360, even if it ends up last in sales.

It doesn't matter but it's always nice to laugh at and get one over on people who previously thought they were superior.

Ultimately, I care more about getting fun experiences from my consoles than I care about how well they do compared to the competition. That said, the console which sells the most tends to have the greatest number of fun experiences, so it's generally a safe bet that I'll end up with the top-selling system in any given generation sooner or later. And since my budget tends to have noticeable constraints, I also tend to only get one console per generation.

Though it's worth noting that I will go back and get games for systems I gave a miss later, once the system and games become more affordable within my budget constraints. Virtual Console's kinda nice in that regard, since I don't even need to hunt down the games or systems to enjoy them...

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

No matter whatsoever. What matters is my ego. That being my predictions, where are always devoid of favortism and bias, are correct.