By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - How much does it matter for you to have the "winning" console?

well the thing is the console that sells the best gets the most game period.
The more games made for that console the more likly 2 be a game i like.
dem are the main reasons.

and when you spend so much money on one console you kinda want it to be the best so you can justify your purchase and have lots of cool games, bt this does not really apply to nintendo since they have good first party games anyway.

i mean come on i dont mind what consoles wins as long as the console i have purchased sells enough units for there to be good 3rd party support, and by the looks of it all of the consoles this generation are going to have good support for games

Around the Network

I enjoy the fact that Nintendo is in the lead not for what I have now, but for what I hope to have in the future. I like the direction controls have taken and want to see more steps in this direction.
Nintendo has also consistently brought excellent games that I enjoy, and I want to see 3rd parties pressured to meeting this level of production. If left to PS3 and 360, these 3rd parties would not be pushed to improve the aspects of gameplay which are important to me.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

By the way i think THAT GUY ment total life time sales world wide when he says the ps3 losing to x360

Well,the best games graphically and online playable are coming out on the Ps3 and the 360(gta 4,cod 4,burnout paradise are perfect examples) Good kiddie games are out for the wii.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

FailureIsNotAnOption said:
Well,the best games graphically and online playable are coming out on the Ps3 and the 360(gta 4,cod 4,burnout paradise are perfect examples) Good kiddie games are out for the wii.

Any reason why you see fit to demean Wii, its games and gamers?

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Around the Network

was that comment really necessary? did it make your day to make a "will is for kids" comment? does it stroke your ego to have such "hardcore" systems? are you gonna go prance around and show it off to your friends? 

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

To paraphrase "I don't like Nintendo and am upset that they are succeeding".

Couldn't you have just come out and said it rather than forcing all of us poor souls to have to read between the lines?

All I care is the games. But I still do love looking at the sales.

SSBB: 1977-0005-2980 (JOEY) MKWii: 4382-2877-5902 (Joeykanga)
Wii:4027-0084-9432-1532             PM me if you add me.
Tag courtesy of fkusumot: Joeykanga - "Just post something once, don't ruin the thread"

I will always buy Nintendo consoles regardless of their market position, because I like their games. It's just a coincidence that Wii is winning, though I feel better because Nintendo will survive longer than otherwise (another DC could have destroyed the company).

Ubuntu. Linux for human beings.

If you are interested in trying Ubuntu or Linux in general, PM me and I will answer your questions and help you install it if you wish.

It matters to a certain extent because the most sucessful console usually gets the best games.

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions