By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA 4 Shoe in for GOTY? Best game in History?

Ajax said:
will people still play GTA IV in 5 years? probably not, but there are still some games that are played more than 7,8 to 10 years after their release.. what does that say about those games? whatever it says, those games need to be great per definition.. so GTAIV best game of all time? who knows.. but you shouldn't only look at review scores..

The only reason people won't be playing GTA4 in 5 years is because it will have 2 or more sequels out by then. There is nothing in the game that does not lend itself to infinite replayablity. Every game has that for at least a few people.

@Jandre

I am laughing really hard at your fanboy nature. Always funny to watch someone get hyper defensive over one of their favorite games.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network
shio said:
GTA IV has alot of hype and popularity behind it, but that doesn't make it GOTY. There are games with better chances of getting GOTY this year: Starcraft 2, SPORE and MGS4.

Coming from a metal gear fan myself, its impossible, GTA 4 is going to be GOTY, and will be best game in history. You cant beat it. 99% on 360 and 100% on PS3, how do you beat that?

mM

best game in history? I doubt it. The ratings will come down and soon, OoT will still be 1st

dsoverpsp said:
best game in history? I doubt it. The ratings will come down and soon, OoT will still be 1st

No it wont, the lowest is a 98 out of 14 reviews for the PS3 version, even if it gets a 70 it will still be above OoT.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/grandtheftauto4

mM

might be GOTY, if theres not another game announced for late this year,
I doubt Best game in history

Around the Network

I don't understand why everyone's being so defensive.

Yeah GTA4 will rock awesome, but it does have plenty of legitimate competition...so let's stop being douchebags when it comes to criticism, mmk?

For instance, I think Spore might win the world over more than GTA4 if it gets promoted well at the end of the year.

You have to think into the future...nobody will be talking about GTA4 in the fall, so other hyped up games might get the spotlight for a GOTY award.

I'd put Super Smash Bros. Brawl up in that list as well, but since that came out in March people have already forgotten about it.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Wow. How can we say until we play it? Ask this question tomorrow! :)

leo-j said:
dsoverpsp said:

No it wont, the lowest is a 98 out of 14 reviews for the PS3 version, even if it gets a 70 it will still be above OoT.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/grandtheftauto4

I see OoT as a 99 on metacritic, unless GTA 4 PS3 verison miraculous gets a 100 from every reviewer for 60 reviews, it won't beat OoT. the 360 version is down to 99 and is now tied, but nothing can <ever> pass that game on metacritic.

BenKenobi88 said:
I don't understand why everyone's being so defensive.

Yeah GTA4 will rock awesome, but it does have plenty of legitimate competition...so let's stop being douchebags when it comes to criticism, mmk?

For instance, I think Spore might win the world over more than GTA4 if it gets promoted well at the end of the year.

You have to think into the future...nobody will be talking about GTA4 in the fall, so other hyped up games might get the spotlight for a GOTY award.

I'd put Super Smash Bros. Brawl up in that list as well, but since that came out in March people have already forgotten about it.

Smash Bros. has no chamce for Game of the Year, as much as you love the game. 

But really people, we all listened to you whine about whatever game you like at some point in time. I've shoved Okami down a lot of people's throats. You've probably also done it at least one point in your life. Just don't be a hypocrite and deal with it.

It's a highly anticipated game with great reviews, why is it getting all this hype??!!!!

Oh wait, it's still not as bad as when Super Mario Galaxy launched in 07. I think we all remember the horror.