By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GTA 4 Shoe in for GOTY? Best game in History?

Nah, well at least not in my head. The game doesnt deserve to be called the best of all-time. IMO OoT deserves it.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Game of the Year? A certain individual in a sneaking suit will have the last word on that one.

It hasn't been that long has it now:D.  I did like your reply before, probably one of the best debates I have had on a gaming forum before. 

waron said:
kingofwale said:
Final-Fan said:
@ kingofwale: Mike's not saying it SHOULD happen, but it DOES happen. More than one Wii game has gotten smacked by the reverse attitude. I hope LBP escapes that fate.

Hmm, what game of Wii has gotten that? Galaxy is one of the highest rated game last year, same with SSBB, I personally think they were pretty fairly reviewed.

Sure, developers of Escape from Bug Island and Kidz Sports game can whine all they want, but the truth is, those games are BROKEN to begin with.

pes 2008, fire emblem, godfather, wii sports, elebits, medal of honor heroes 2, excite truck endless ocean, link's crossbow training, dewy's adventure, mario party 8, wii play(and so on, and so on) anyone? wii fit and mario kart probably too.

all wii games suffers, mostly because graphic, controls or because being to hard(dewy's adventure, fire emblem anyone).

many party games suffers simply because they're party games(rayman raving rabbids series)

and there is endless ocean who suffers just because it's a simulation about diving and not killing-deadly-creatures-under-water game.

I can only comment on games I've played before.

First of all, when you have bad graphic, you will lose score in GRAPHICS category, it's just the way it is, Happened to every game ever made. I don't think it's a Wii issue.

PES08 for Wii has higher score than both PS3 and 360 version, so I don't know what you are talking about.

Wiisport lacks story and is repetition. the fact it was fun enough secure it a 7+ rating, name another game with only 5 mini-games of 5 minutes has ever achieved such score.

Endless Ocean recieved pretty alright score, lack of interaction with the environment was what stopped it from being an A title. If you can "rub" it, why can't you feed it and lure it around? Why aren't sharks do they do?

Mario Party 8 is just a broken game, poorly ported and tacked on Wii controls.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
kingofwale said:
still a few big hitters to come... MGS4, even Killzone 2 has a shot, if they deliver.

no, I didn't include R2 or GeoW2, because although both with be very good game, none will most likely to get close to perfect score.

Gears of War 1 had a 9.4/10 and won GOTY in 2006.  Based on the UE3 engine advances and the vast amount of sales I believe that you are wrong especially with KZ2. 

Game of the year candiates will probably be GTA 4, MGS4, GeOW2 and WiiFit in my mind. (Consoles only)

Around the Network

Gamespot will screw it up. I hope it's the highest ranking game of all time.

As I said before, it only takes a few reviews with a score of 90% or lower, and GTA IV isn't the highest ranked game on Gamerankings anymore. Hell, The 360 version is already as high as OoT on Metacritic, just wait for the PS3 version to drop...

And besides, videogame journalism is corrupt, immature, selfish, and too ''hardcore''. Somebody should found a good, honest reviewing source, and win the apprieciation of all gamers, as the only true reviewing source.
I thought IGN was pretty unbiased, and not corupted. How can they give the damn game a 10 on EVERYTHING, while they admit it has issues, mainly graphical?

I think it's a bit hilarious of how much people are hyping GTAIV, AFAIK it's done to the genre as much as MKWii had. Little.

If it comes to PC, I'll definitely get it, as I buy all of the canon GTA games (1,2,3 so far). But best game in history? Laughable statement IMO. However if once playing it I change my mind I'll openly eat crow.

why are there people tight at gta are u mad cause u dont liked these type of games? shut up and go play wiifit or sumthing from what ive read and what ive seen this game deserves the scores it got ill be picking this game up later today at around 4 pm eastern time and willl enjoy this game

mariozeldametroid said:
As I said before, it only takes a few reviews with a score of 90% or lower, and GTA IV isn't the highest ranked game on Gamerankings anymore. Hell, The 360 version is already as high as OoT on Metacritic, just wait for the PS3 version to drop...

And besides, videogame journalism is corrupt, immature, selfish, and too ''hardcore''. Somebody should found a good, honest reviewing source, and win the apprieciation of all gamers, as the only true reviewing source.
I thought IGN was pretty unbiased, and not corupted. How can they give the damn game a 10 on EVERYTHING, while they admit it has issues, mainly graphical?

All major sites have already scored it.  The only one missing is Gamespot I believe.  I doubt it will fall that much given who has reviewed it already.  On a personal note, I usually go with IGN ratings as such, I am shocked that they have given it a 10.