By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Reviews GTA IV...." PS3 Version looks slightly more vibrant and sharp"

sailordude said:
360 FANBOYS, the DLC has not even been started in developement, the only thing that we do know is that GTA is a MASSIVE game, most people will never get through the normal game. for the small amount of people with enough hard drive space and who run out of stuff to do in the game(okay....), you do have DLC in the future. but for every ps3 owner, we get better graphics. you win a bit, we win a bit.

Whatever. You are not 'most people' by being on a game forum by default. If you only own a PS3, fair enough; we're all still getting the same game at release. Stop trying to convince yourself that you don't want more out of this game.

Around the Network

Well I'd hope so... lets not forget that R* had to delay the game 5 months to finish the PS3 version...

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

rocketpig said:
I'm so going to buy both versions, glue them together, and then I will have game with sharper images and it will get downloadable content by the end of the year.

Take that, fanboys.

That's genious....Maybe if I finally let my PS3 eat my Wii (I know it's thinking about it, I mean it could probably do it in one bite) then maybe I'll get to play that MK/GTA hybrid I saw on Robot Chicken ^^

@Jarret: I think that is stating that a Persona game is in the works for PS3, which would be incredibly badass.

Still getting the 360 version, I think.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

@JGarret

PS3 SLIM maybe...

BTW I didn't ignore ur request..GT forums slowed down for some weird reason for me

@GOd of war

yes update us on their reaction....lol

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
disolitude said:
Sounds like someone at EGM didn't really have a positive for the PS3 version and he pulled it out of his ass.

"360 has DLC...while PS3 has...*turning down focus on his TV*...SHARPER VISUALS!!!!!""

Less aliasing on the PS3 version, is how IGN put it.  Aliasing is a problem still, on bigger TVs especially, and it's ugly, and less of it is an objective graphical advantage.

Starcraft was right that there's an element of subjectivity involved in graphical comparisons, though not in the way he thought he was: where IGN said 360 version seemed "more vibrant", here we have the PS3 version coming out as "sharper" (same as IGN's call) AND "more vibrant.

Face it, no one cares about the DLC coming out in November or whatever.  For $20...yay, what a treat.  Everyone will want to be playing MGS4, KZ2, R2, or even Gears 2 (if they only have a 360 and they are kinda poor, and that's why they are buying GTA IV on 360...) this Fall.

MikeB is right...Rockstar said they hadn't mastered Cell yet, and subsequent games from them that utilize Cell even better, plus hopefully full Blu-Ray 50gb usage and mandatory hard drive usage, will really kick ass.  On PS3.

MikeB said:
In any case this is IMO a pretty positive result, for a port of a game designed around the 360 hardware from the beginning. Rockstar stated they still haven't completely mastered the Cell, just imagine what they will be able to achieve when they are fully adapted with GTA V on Blu-Ray disc. 8-)
I very much doubt another Gta brought out on disc this gen. 

JGarret said:
"PS3 in the works"

What??????

"New Castlevania for Wii"

If true....FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!.....FINALLY A CASTLEVANIA FOR A HOME CONSOLE.

Um... what do you mean by this? There were like two on the PS2, one on the Nintendo 64, and two on the PS1 I believe. 

Hmmm , am I the only one who thinks the rumor are actually better than the fact that the PS3 GTA4 looks better ? :D

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

@darthdevidem

Thanks for posting them.

Yeah, maybe they mean a PS3 slim.