By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Reviews GTA IV...." PS3 Version looks slightly more vibrant and sharp"

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
disolitude said:
Sounds like someone at EGM didn't really have a positive for the PS3 version and he pulled it out of his ass.

"360 has DLC...while PS3 has...*turning down focus on his TV*...SHARPER VISUALS!!!!!""

Less aliasing on the PS3 version, is how IGN put it. Aliasing is a problem still, on bigger TVs especially, and it's ugly, and less of it is an objective graphical advantage.

Starcraft was right that there's an element of subjectivity involved in graphical comparisons, though not in the way he thought he was: where IGN said 360 version seemed "more vibrant", here we have the PS3 version coming out as "sharper" (same as IGN's call) AND "more vibrant.

Face it, no one cares about the DLC coming out in November or whatever. For $20...yay, what a treat. Everyone will want to be playing MGS4, KZ2, R2, or even Gears 2 (if they only have a 360 and they are kinda poor, and that's why they are buying GTA IV on 360...) this Fall.

MikeB is right...Rockstar said they hadn't mastered Cell yet, and subsequent games from them that utilize Cell even better, plus hopefully full Blu-Ray 50gb usage and mandatory hard drive usage, will really kick ass. On PS3.

Does being this much of a fanboy come naturally, or do you have to work at it?

Around the Network
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
disolitude said:
Sounds like someone at EGM didn't really have a positive for the PS3 version and he pulled it out of his ass.

"360 has DLC...while PS3 has...*turning down focus on his TV*...SHARPER VISUALS!!!!!""

Less aliasing on the PS3 version, is how IGN put it. Aliasing is a problem still, on bigger TVs especially, and it's ugly, and less of it is an objective graphical advantage.

Starcraft was right that there's an element of subjectivity involved in graphical comparisons, though not in the way he thought he was: where IGN said 360 version seemed "more vibrant", here we have the PS3 version coming out as "sharper" (same as IGN's call) AND "more vibrant.

Face it, no one cares about the DLC coming out in November or whatever. For $20...yay, what a treat. Everyone will want to be playing MGS4, KZ2, R2, or even Gears 2 (if they only have a 360 and they are kinda poor, and that's why they are buying GTA IV on 360...) this Fall.

MikeB is right...Rockstar said they hadn't mastered Cell yet, and subsequent games from them that utilize Cell even better, plus hopefully full Blu-Ray 50gb usage and mandatory hard drive usage, will really kick ass. On PS3.

Uh, I'm not poor and I'm buying it on 360. There's no reason not to if you own all the consoles. Why shut yourself out of DLC in case it's really good?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

EGM has a pretty big PS3 fanboy working for them and he's pretty famous on NeoGAF for being one. I'm willing to bet that he's the one who made that comment. EGM has gone so far downhill that hopefully it just dies rather than continue to ruin the great reputation the magazine once had so many years ago.

JGarret said:
@darthdevidem

Thanks for posting them.

Yeah, maybe they mean a PS3 slim.

Persona PSP and
- PS3 in the works

I think it means that a Persona game for PSP and PS3 is in the works, the sentence just got split for some reason 

@IIIegaIPaladin

Yeah,but these past 3 or so years,it was only DS,DS,PSP,DS,and more....DS...I was beginning to think Castlevania would no longer have a place on home systems...well,I hope it still does, as it´s still only a rumor >_>

Around the Network
sailordude said:
360 FANBOYS, the DLC has not even been started in developement, the only thing that we do know is that GTA is a MASSIVE game, most people will never get through the normal game. for the small amount of people with enough hard drive space and who run out of stuff to do in the game(okay....), you do have DLC in the future. but for every ps3 owner, we get better graphics. you win a bit, we win a bit.

I'm pretty certain that they have started the 360 DLC.  Rockstar collects a check for 25 million when MS accepts the product in the last quarter of 2008.  That's free money. 

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

why do people keep saying "dont say you wouldnt want more game, or the game to be long."? i have had vice city and san andreas and i would still be playing them today if i wasnt so busy. the game doesnt need any more stuff to do. ok, that is my opinion. to make it fare, the very few people that play a video game for over a hundred that have a hard drive in a system that doesnt fail in the next year can enjoy DLC. ok ok?

@Torillian

Very good point, I hadn´t noticed the "and" after PSP lol.

Legend11 said:
EGM has a pretty big PS3 fanboy working for them and he's pretty famous on NeoGAF for being one. I'm willing to bet that he's the one who made that comment. EGM has gone so far downhill that hopefully it just dies rather than continue and ruin the great reputation and writing the magazine once had so many years ago.

or...could it possibly be....that the ps3 version.....really is better?!?!?!!?!?!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

that was pretty lame legend.

darthdevidem01 said:

Reviews:

Mario Kart Wii - B+, C+, C
Good: A few great new tracks and powerups
Bad: Dumbed-down gameplay, predictable design

- Bioshock PS3 in September with all DLC and better visuals, Bioshock 2 - shown around same time

Just read this and absolutely agree with the MK Wii scores. Was a regression of the series in my opinion.

Bioshock DLC could be amazing, I would totally rebuy it for PS3 if that's true.