By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Reviews GTA IV...." PS3 Version looks slightly more vibrant and sharp"

IllegalPaladin said:
Reasonable said:
Wow, lot of hot tempers here...

Reading reviews so far it seems all that's being stated is that PS3 has slightly (with an emphasis on slightly) better graphics look.

As for load times - well, due to MS approach with HDD that is one area PS3 does have an advantage with (despite all the moans about installs). DMC4 loads faster on PS3 and from the reviews so will GTA IV.

As for the DLC - I'm sure it will be good but I don't accept this 'complete version' nonsense. The version in the box is the complete version and its the same for both. MS has paid for additional extra levels which will come later and should be seen as an add on as they will be developed seperate from the main game. Until they exist and are available there is only one version and its the same for each console.

As for the RS quotes recently the guy was only saying he prefers the look of PS3 rendering to 360, not that one was technically superior.

Now can we all chill a little and wait to see if the game manages to blow the current sales records out of the water?

Good post, the arguing going on over this seems rather silly, but I guess it wouldn't be a discussion without it. I've honestly never really cared for the GTA games (doesn't mean I wont at least rent them) so I've generally been avoiding these threads. 

Anyway, I totally agree with your post and especially the DLC part. I see 'complete version' as just having some more content because of the DLC, not that a chunk of the main story will be removed from the PS3 and 360 versions and 360 owners gain the ability to actually finish the game. No, I think that's a stupid thing to think. Unless all DLC is exclusive to the 360, I highly doubt that the 360 will get the only DLC. There will be lots of people willing to buy content for this game, it would be stupid that this DLC, of which we really don't know much about, will be the only available option to get more playtime.

I'm sure that your logical post will be lost in the winds of the hot air flying around in these arguments, but great post none the less.

Thanks.  Looks like it already got lost in the 'hot air' lol.

Looks like we're in for a bumping DLC FTW ride for a while!  What's funny is if you take the view that knowing DLC is coming means that the 360 version is the complete version then in fact the PC version of many 360 games could be argued the same way.

Take GOW on PC, or the upcoming Mass Effect - both getting new levels and/or graphics upgrades.  Does that mean GOW on 360 is now the 'incomplete version'?  This DLC is the complete version if nonsense.  The game that ships is the complete version, the DLC is an expansion and yes, if it matters to you get GTA IV on a 360 as its exclusive.

How hard is it to understand this?

Anyway, guess we better leave the children to continue bickering!

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network
IllegalPaladin said:
Reasonable said:
Wow, lot of hot tempers here...

Reading reviews so far it seems all that's being stated is that PS3 has slightly (with an emphasis on slightly) better graphics look.

As for load times - well, due to MS approach with HDD that is one area PS3 does have an advantage with (despite all the moans about installs). DMC4 loads faster on PS3 and from the reviews so will GTA IV.

As for the DLC - I'm sure it will be good but I don't accept this 'complete version' nonsense. The version in the box is the complete version and its the same for both. MS has paid for additional extra levels which will come later and should be seen as an add on as they will be developed seperate from the main game. Until they exist and are available there is only one version and its the same for each console.

As for the RS quotes recently the guy was only saying he prefers the look of PS3 rendering to 360, not that one was technically superior.

Now can we all chill a little and wait to see if the game manages to blow the current sales records out of the water?

Good post, the arguing going on over this seems rather silly, but I guess it wouldn't be a discussion without it. I've honestly never really cared for the GTA games (doesn't mean I wont at least rent them) so I've generally been avoiding these threads. 

Anyway, I totally agree with your post and especially the DLC part. I see 'complete version' as just having some more content because of the DLC, not that a chunk of the main story will be removed from the PS3 and 360 versions and 360 owners gain the ability to actually finish the game. No, I think that's a stupid thing to think. Unless all DLC is exclusive to the 360, I highly doubt that the 360 will get the only DLC. There will be lots of people willing to buy content for this game, it would be stupid that this DLC, of which we really don't know much about, will be the only available option to get more playtime.

I'm sure that your logical post will be lost in the winds of the hot air flying around in these arguments, but great post none the less.

Thanks.  Looks like it already got lost in the 'hot air' lol.

Looks like we're in for a bumping DLC FTW ride for a while!  What's funny is if you take the view that knowing DLC is coming means that the 360 version is the complete version then in fact the PC version of many 360 games could be argued the same way.

Take GOW on PC, or the upcoming Mass Effect - both getting new levels and/or graphics upgrades.  Does that mean GOW on 360 is now the 'incomplete version'?  This DLC is the complete version if nonsense.  The game that ships is the complete version, the DLC is an expansion and yes, if it matters to you get GTA IV on a 360 as its exclusive.

How hard is it to understand this?

Anyway, guess we better leave the children to continue bickering!

Sorry, double post! Damn this new laptop!