By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Reviews GTA IV...." PS3 Version looks slightly more vibrant and sharp"

Anyone?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network
thekitchensink said:
Anyone?
There is no splitscreen.  The PS3 version has pop-in and framerate issues as is.  You really think it could handle rendering two parts of Liberty City at once?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

@starcraft

but...but...T3H CELL!!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

starcraft said:
thekitchensink said:
Anyone?
There is no splitscreen. The PS3 version has pop-in and framerate issues as is. You really think it could handle rendering two parts of Liberty City at once?

I didn't really think so, but it would be nice if anyone could point anything out either way in a review--I haven't noticed anything, but it would be good to know.

Regardless of all this bickering, all we need to remember is that, come Tuesday, we'll all be playing one of the best games of the generation, and having a blast!  It's just too bad the game doesn't support cross-platform play, so we could settle this the old-school way  

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
starcraft said:
thekitchensink said:
Anyone?
There is no splitscreen.  The PS3 version has pop-in and framerate issues as is.  You really think it could handle rendering two parts of Liberty City at once?

@starcraft 

lol,,,have you looked at your behaviour and how you act after hearing that PS3 version has better graphics and performance??pathetic(I think you are ten years old)

enjoy the the people that will pop on screen from nowwhere on the 360 version and pray that the three red lights won't pop on the 360.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@starcraft

but...but...T3H CELL!!

Lol.

NO, XENON!!!! 

SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
thekitchensink said:
Anyone?
There is no splitscreen. The PS3 version has pop-in and framerate issues as is. You really think it could handle rendering two parts of Liberty City at once?

@starcraft

lol,,,have you looked at your behaviour and how you act after hearing that PS3 version has better graphics and performance??pathetic(I think you are ten years old)

enjoy the the people that will pop on screen from nowwhere on the 360 version and pray that the three red lights won't pop on the 360.

The below post of NJ5's should give you an idea of whether "people that will pop on screen from nowhere" will be an issue.

Honestly, where in the post your replying to did I say anything untrue?

You have to calm down buddy.  Not everyone is going to agree with you all the time. 

NJ5 said:

I'm pretty curious about these claimed pop-in and framerate issues, so I started looking for information from the people who are playing the pirated version of the game.

Some guy at neogaf has been playing the 360 version, here are some quotes of his:

"There are some technical issues here and there, normally when you are driving fast and you crash there is some pop up here and there, and it´s easily noticeable but really, who cares, the city is awesomely big."

"yeah, pop ups are frequent if you go really fast on the cars and crash onto something, but they are not cars, people or buildings. They are normally stairs (the ones attached at the buildings), windows textures and small things like that. The trees are the worst in my opinion but there are meaningless to the game IMO, it´s so full of everything that you gotta pay the price."

"No framerate issues. Not one. And I been chased by 3/4 police cars + helicopter + rain + the other cars + pedestrians so it looks like you will have to really put 2 or 3 explosions and swat and 20 cars for it to get a framerate drop. It really is very stable."

SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
thekitchensink said:
Anyone?

@starcraft

enjoy the the people that will pop on screen from nowwhere on the 360 version and pray that the three red lights won't pop on the 360.

Did he mention which had better graphical performance one time in that post?  He's saying those issues do, in some small form, exist on PS3 (as IGN has said), meaning there's know way one system could run two entire instances of the city at an acceptable level.  Please don't tell me you're arguing that.

And your last line was completely unnecessary btw.  Read what Starcraft responded with. 

thekitchensink said:
SpartanFX said:
starcraft said:
thekitchensink said:
Anyone?

@starcraft

Did he mention which had better graphical performance one time in that post? He's saying those issues do, in some small form, exist on PS3 (as IGN has said), meaning there's know way one system could run two entire instances of the city at an acceptable level. Please don't tell me you're arguing that.

And your last line was completely unnecessary btw. Read what Starcraft responded with.

Thanks.  Sometimes he just needs to hear someone agree with me in order to calm down.

I doubt the 360 version will have issues seen in say...Mass Effect for example.

The thing is, even though that game had rather frequent texture pop-ins, it didn't have an effect on the game at all. Sometimes you have to say to yourself that your playing a video game, and that sort of stuff is expected.

Mass Effect was a brilliant game despite this. I'm sure the 360 version of GTA has problems no where near comparable to that so it's all good.

It's just that lots of the ps3 fanboys think the 360 version is going to have MAJOR issues now that it has been said the ps3 version has a slight edge. The bickering is expected because single console owners want their own to be good.

There both good!

And to whoever said "enjoy the pop ins and three red lights" or something.
How about you enjoy your game and 360 owners enjoy their game.