By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Reviews GTA IV...." PS3 Version looks slightly more vibrant and sharp"

I should hope it should, it got both the 360 and PS3 version got delayed twice for this.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
I should hope it should, it got both the 360 and PS3 version got delayed twice for this.

Sounds to me by the reviews that 360 had a part to play in the delays too.

can i bring up the irony again?! 360 held the game because of the limited HDD and disc size, yet they are getting the DLC! why is the game small enough in the first place where it should need any kind of DLC? thanks xbox.

selnor said:
Yes PS3 version looks better. But i want to know how it will run on my 360 if I download it to HDD. IGN obviosly hasnt done this, will it stop the pop up?
http://xbox360.qj.net/More-GTA-4-rumors-5-minute-install-times-Xbox-360-DLC-features/pg/49/aid/118403

IGN Podcast Review for GTAlV says theres no such option. sorry.

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

so are ps3 faster load times confirmed or what? the xbox cant install at all even if you have a HDD? so confusing. if true that mandator install that microsoft sent bashing letters out about actually could pay off.

btw if you read the reviews on IGN they did say the ps3 had faster loading by 30 seconds at some times but is this with the HDD on the xbox or what. again im way confused now.

Around the Network

You left out the best part. New Infamous info in next month's issue! :D

darthdevidem01 said:
Sorry but GTA IV PS3 version SUPERIOR has been CONFIRMED by IGN

I don't recall seeing the word superior in their review. 

What I do recall is seeing them say both versions get the same score.

I also remember a Rockstar dev saying the complete experience was only on 360........... 

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Wow, lot of hot tempers here...

Reading reviews so far it seems all that's being stated is that PS3 has slightly (with an emphasis on slightly) better graphics look.

As for load times - well, due to MS approach with HDD that is one area PS3 does have an advantage with (despite all the moans about installs). DMC4 loads faster on PS3 and from the reviews so will GTA IV.

As for the DLC - I'm sure it will be good but I don't accept this 'complete version' nonsense. The version in the box is the complete version and its the same for both. MS has paid for additional extra levels which will come later and should be seen as an add on as they will be developed seperate from the main game. Until they exist and are available there is only one version and its the same for each console.

As for the RS quotes recently the guy was only saying he prefers the look of PS3 rendering to 360, not that one was technically superior.

Now can we all chill a little and wait to see if the game manages to blow the current sales records out of the water?

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

lol complete experiance is nonsence

out of the box the ps3 version is the better version, although both games are the same anyways if they was reviewed.

the dl content, well it would be nice to have, but that comes later at a price. ps3 will also have dl content later on aswell as home integration, surely rockstar will do something exclusive working around home, but i guess that will all come after the xbox exclusive content

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Question: Have any reviews mentioned anything about the alleged 2-player splitscreen on PS3? 'Cause that's the only thing that would make me personally think twice about the 360 version.

3 days, people!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."