By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Reviews GTA IV...." PS3 Version looks slightly more vibrant and sharp"

Yes PS3 version looks better. But i want to know how it will run on my 360 if I download it to HDD. IGN obviosly hasnt done this, will it stop the pop up?
http://xbox360.qj.net/More-GTA-4-rumors-5-minute-install-times-Xbox-360-DLC-features/pg/49/aid/118403

Around the Network
selnor said:
Yes PS3 version looks better. But i want to know how it will run on my 360 if I download it to HDD. IGN obviosly hasnt done this, will it stop the pop up?
http://xbox360.qj.net/More-GTA-4-rumors-5-minute-install-times-Xbox-360-DLC-features/pg/49/aid/118403

as i pointed out in the other thread, thats obviously a rumor, and if ign didnt mention it, it probably didn't make it into the final version, so too bad. 

selnor said:

Cant get mad at you for that. Im sure there would have to be some difference. It would probably be equal to the level of the PS3, or pretty damn close.

Only issue is that the PS3 was designed to have the HDD install, the 360 was not entirely so that might affect the outcome. But for sure I  think it would have to help some.

Side note:

Would 360 have mandatory installs if they all had HDD? Its kinda like 360 fans are celebrating holding the developers back or something.

Oh well though, PS3 purchase was just justified. This, Socom, and MGS4 are really all any gamer needs this gen. Throw in Rock Band and GT5 and FF and what else do you really need? 

lol,,,I guess this could be the trend for 360 owners,due to not having the HDD and hence the mandatory installs,,,,as IGN said ,far less pop in for PS3,,,,,

mmm

remember the guy that got threatened for having a fake review of GTA IV?
he said the exact same thing,,he said there are far more pop in for 360 version,,,,makes me think that he might have been right all along...

Ajax said:
Street Fighter IV will rule supreme, forget Metal Gear and GTA IV, it's time to go for broke!

GTA IV, MGS 4 and Street Fighter IV, the holy trinity of games. If SF IV makes it out this year, this will be my favorite year in gaming in a while. If RE 5 had also made it, I would even say my favorite year ever.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

@Selnor - It's safe to say that the 360 would get a mandatory install if it was an option. Rockstar has recently complained about the 360's storage(DVD and optional hardrive).

I think most people that own both consoles will buy GTA on the 360. There isn't enough reported difference between the 2 versions. Why wouldn't you leave your options open for future DLC. Unless you don't subscribe to xbox live. Free online may be a better option.

The real question is will Sony or MS sell more systems related to the GTA launch? My money is on Sony.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Those Persona news/rumors are making me smile. :D I want them all!

That Bioshock for PS3 rumor never seems to die. Hope its true. Its one of the games that I'm really interested thats on the 360.

of course sony will, think how many ps2 owners will buy the ps3 and GTA IV bundle. no doubt.

dbot, there isnt enough reported difference between the two or you dont think theres a big enough difference? sharper,motion on the DS3, faster load times and less frame issues not enough to make there minds up?!

sailordude said:
of course sony will, think how many ps2 owners will buy the ps3 and GTA IV bundle. no doubt.

dbot, there isnt enough reported difference between the two or you dont think theres a big enough difference? sharper,motion on the DS3, faster load times and less frame issues not enough to make there minds up?!

I will be the first to admit that I am a PS3 supporter.  That being said, I don't think that one version will be signifcantly better than the other.  I hope I am wrong, but I don't think it would benefit Rockstar to put more effort into one version of the game.  From other multi-plat games it seems like the PS3 generally renders with a more vibrant palette.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

i dont think they tried harder for ps3 i think it just turned out that way, well i guess they did try harder. they had no experience with ps3 so they had to work harder but i doubt they tried to make it better,