By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Reviews GTA IV...." PS3 Version looks slightly more vibrant and sharp"

Wow at all the slants. I think I'll get GTAIV on my Wii, instead. Along with Mario Kart. Score +1 for PS3 if it turns out to be a meaningful difference...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

Around the Network
Deviation59 said:
gebx said:
Well I'd hope so... lets not forget that R* had to delay the game 5 months to finish the PS3 version...

That's an over-simplification in the grossest sense. PS3 technical hurdles "were a contributing factor" to the delay. They were working on the 360 version as well. Just look at the second trailer - the frame rate is pure shit. The game seriously benefitted from the delay, regardless of version.

The main reason for the delay was the multiplayer mode, both consoles were just contributing factors.

Edit- here's a link

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=320277

sailordude said:
dbot, read some articles, Dan Houser just stated in an IGN interview that they have not even started the DLC, they only have a few ideas. heres the link http://ps3.ign.com/articles/863/863450p9.html .

Shameless, how come when ever someone says something that is absolutely true, it is instantly fanboy talk. your just in denial that the ps3 version could be better. i understand. i accept your apology...

I guess the 360 isn't getting a whole city as dlc.  Anybody know what MS is getting for 50 million?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

i like the rumours for biochock

i can't wait to see more information about infamous

Around the Network

im not saying they will not get anything. i bet there will be a cool addition to the 360 version. but it has not been started yet so any rumor you read about the DLC is just a rumor unless the infos coming from taketwo.

@God_Of_War

lol....the response was as expected from the Gamespot poster *cough*360 fanboys* cough*

@legend

what so someone saying the Ps3 version of the game looks better = the magazine completely going down the drain in your eyes...{sigh}

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@disolitude

WHEN please tell me did I ever make a big deal out of it...

If its a big deal saying "finally a decent port" then whatever..

I even said later on despite version the game is AAAA

Its in quotes of your topic, and underlined in your first post...I'd say you are saying that this is the deciding factor for getting this game no?

I think there will be GTA IV sequels like Vice City, San Andreas this gen.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

sailordude said:
dbot, read some articles, Dan Houser just stated in an IGN interview that they have not even started the DLC, they only have a few ideas. heres the link http://ps3.ign.com/articles/863/863450p9.html .

Shameless, how come when ever someone says something that is absolutely true, it is instantly fanboy talk. your just in denial that the ps3 version could be better. i understand. i accept your apology...

Just read the article. NOWHERE does it say DLC is not in production. If anything the major point I got was if someone is expected to pay god money for their content then it will be substantial.

"And in the single-player environment when adding stuff there, make sure it's worth whatever money someone's paying for it."

If you mean this comment

"The game that you buy on the disc is the game. The extra stuff doesn't exist yet, but it exists in our heads... It's cool stuff. It doesn't undermine the individual game."

Take with pinch of salt. MS will be the ones to announce. Not R* on PS3 section of IGN. It would undermine PS3 GTA sales.