By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Reviews GTA IV...." PS3 Version looks slightly more vibrant and sharp"

IGN: And I assume also to make sure it feels like a natural extension of the game as well, so that it doesn't feel artificial?

".....The game that you buy on the disc is the game. The extra stuff doesn't exist yet, but it exists in our heads... "
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/863/863450p9.html

in the paragraph bellow the first picture.

again, i accept your apology.

Around the Network

@disolitude

well that was just for people thinking Ps3 was getting a rotten port....trust there are loads of them here & on other forums..

as for deciding factor, hell no..if you have a 360 AND PS3 then you should get it on 360 (DLC) UNLESS you don't want to pay for xbox live n want to play online free on the Ps3 version..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

dbot said:
sailordude said:
dbot, read some articles, Dan Houser just stated in an IGN interview that they have not even started the DLC, they only have a few ideas. heres the link http://ps3.ign.com/articles/863/863450p9.html .

Shameless, how come when ever someone says something that is absolutely true, it is instantly fanboy talk. your just in denial that the ps3 version could be better. i understand. i accept your apology...

I guess the 360 isn't getting a whole city as dlc. Anybody know what MS is getting for 50 million?

The most reliable rumors state that the episodes will each be 10 hours of content for $20 each.

that is not the ps3 version of the site, it is the GTA IV page. its not like IGN's fanboys made it up. those words came out of Dan Housers mouth a week ago if you want to admit it or not. pretty cut and dry if you ask me.

darthdevidem01 said:
@disolitude

well that was just for people thinking Ps3 was getting a rotten port....trust there are loads of them here & on other forums..

as for deciding factor, hell no..if you have a 360 AND PS3 then you should get it on 360 (DLC) UNLESS you don't want to pay for xbox live n want to play online free on the Ps3 version..

Agreed...my suggestion is to get it for the system you own and if you own both, get it for the one you play less as you will surely burn out your laser quicker on the other machine if you play games on it non stop

So much for it being a system seller  :)

Around the Network

thats just funny, selnor says we cant trust R*'s interviews... and you would rather trust microsoft. what has happened to this world?! are you being seriouse?

sailordude said:
thats just funny, selnor says we cant trust R*'s interviews... and you would rather trust microsoft. what has happened to this world?! are you being seriouse?
You think R* will announce it? E3 MS will announce it. They will control their major draw to their console. They own the content in retrospect at the moment. 

selnor said:
MikeB said:
In any case this is IMO a pretty positive result, for a port of a game designed around the 360 hardware from the beginning. Rockstar stated they still haven't completely mastered the Cell, just imagine what they will be able to achieve when they are fully adapted with GTA V on Blu-Ray disc. 8-)
I very much doubt another Gta brought out on disc this gen.

i very much dought that you are correct.

Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
disolitude said:
Sounds like someone at EGM didn't really have a positive for the PS3 version and he pulled it out of his ass.

"360 has DLC...while PS3 has...*turning down focus on his TV*...SHARPER VISUALS!!!!!""

Less aliasing on the PS3 version, is how IGN put it. Aliasing is a problem still, on bigger TVs especially, and it's ugly, and less of it is an objective graphical advantage.

Starcraft was right that there's an element of subjectivity involved in graphical comparisons, though not in the way he thought he was: where IGN said 360 version seemed "more vibrant", here we have the PS3 version coming out as "sharper" (same as IGN's call) AND "more vibrant.

Face it, no one cares about the DLC coming out in November or whatever. For $20...yay, what a treat. Everyone will want to be playing MGS4, KZ2, R2, or even Gears 2 (if they only have a 360 and they are kinda poor, and that's why they are buying GTA IV on 360...) this Fall.

MikeB is right...Rockstar said they hadn't mastered Cell yet, and subsequent games from them that utilize Cell even better, plus hopefully full Blu-Ray 50gb usage and mandatory hard drive usage, will really kick ass. On PS3.

Funny how fanboys can how up with such cheap shots....

acting like your feeling are hurt because people are buying it for the 360 too? they're both gonna benefit by this game so I don't understand people making a fuss because something about the game is "slighty" better...

selnor said:

Just read the article. NOWHERE does it say DLC is not in production. If anything the major point I got was if someone is expected to pay god money for their content then it will be substantial.

"And in the single-player environment when adding stuff there, make sure it's worth whatever money someone's paying for it."

If you mean this comment

"The game that you buy on the disc is the game. The extra stuff doesn't exist yet, but it exists in our heads... It's cool stuff. It doesn't undermine the individual game."

Take with pinch of salt. MS will be the ones to announce. Not R* on PS3 section of IGN. It would undermine PS3 GTA sales. 

wait, what? you're telling us that instead of listening to the actual developers of the game, we should just listen to ms? you're not all there mate.