By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Reviews GTA IV...." PS3 Version looks slightly more vibrant and sharp"

rocketpig said:
Loud_Hot_White_Box said:
disolitude said:
Sounds like someone at EGM didn't really have a positive for the PS3 version and he pulled it out of his ass.

"360 has DLC...while PS3 has...*turning down focus on his TV*...SHARPER VISUALS!!!!!""

Less aliasing on the PS3 version, is how IGN put it. Aliasing is a problem still, on bigger TVs especially, and it's ugly, and less of it is an objective graphical advantage.

Starcraft was right that there's an element of subjectivity involved in graphical comparisons, though not in the way he thought he was: where IGN said 360 version seemed "more vibrant", here we have the PS3 version coming out as "sharper" (same as IGN's call) AND "more vibrant.

Face it, no one cares about the DLC coming out in November or whatever. For $20...yay, what a treat. Everyone will want to be playing MGS4, KZ2, R2, or even Gears 2 (if they only have a 360 and they are kinda poor, and that's why they are buying GTA IV on 360...) this Fall.

MikeB is right...Rockstar said they hadn't mastered Cell yet, and subsequent games from them that utilize Cell even better, plus hopefully full Blu-Ray 50gb usage and mandatory hard drive usage, will really kick ass. On PS3.

Uh, I'm not poor and I'm buying it on 360. There's no reason not to if you own all the consoles. Why shut yourself out of DLC in case it's really good?

If you have to buy the DLC, then it's not worth it in the slightest.

My only motivation to buy it is for the larger online community and achievements.  But let's not forget how many annoying British kids will have the game and be using voice chat.

Phew....it brings nightmares! 

Around the Network

IMO hyping up non-free future episodes nobody knows anything about is like hyping up free future Home integration we know near to nothing about as well.

Microsoft put a lot of PR effort and emphasis on GTA IV, so they hoped buying exclusivity on some future content would give them some edge, by mouth to mouth hyping by fanboys who are really just in the unknown of what this content will be like (there's not even a preview or even an abstract minimal summary). Then Rockstar said they are doing an exclusive episode for the PS3 as well defeating this hype, so Microsoft paid for that as well. Who knows what's coming after that, a third and fourth PS3 exclusive episode? Both versions will receive DLC and some distinguishing features (Sixaxis support, Playstation Home integration and unique content is known).

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

@darthdevidem01

Some of the Gamespot "lemmings" are saying the link isn't legit and they won't believe it until they hear from more reliable sources! Since when are EGM and Neogaf not reliable? One guy even critices the PS3 "cows" for being happy about it and of course, they've gone back to boasting about the DLC. Crazy......

Anyway it's great to see that Rockstar have done such a great job with the PS3 version, one of the greatest developers ever in my opinion. Glad they've gone to extra effort to please their old PS fanbase.

If you have to buy the DLC, then it's not worth it in the slightest.

My only motivation to buy it is for the larger online community and achievements. But let's not forget how many annoying British kids will have the game and be using voice chat.

Phew....it brings nightmares!

I don't mind buying DLC if it's priced appropriately and has enough extra to justify the purchase.

$10 map packs piss me off, though.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

dbot, read some articles, Dan Houser just stated in an IGN interview that they have not even started the DLC, they only have a few ideas. heres the link http://ps3.ign.com/articles/863/863450p9.html .

Shameless, how come when ever someone says something that is absolutely true, it is instantly fanboy talk. your just in denial that the ps3 version could be better. i understand. i accept your apology...

Around the Network

my box are in germany cause of the red ring plague so i guess ill get it for my ps3..

guess ill miss the important acheivements that are more important than life.

Xbox360 and Ps3 owner

I spit in your mouth at nite

hunter_alien said:
Hmmm , am I the only one who thinks the rumor are actually better than the fact that the PS3 GTA4 looks better ? :D

No, I'm totally with you. Was just about to post that.

Castlevania, yeah! 

selnor said:
MikeB said:
In any case this is IMO a pretty positive result, for a port of a game designed around the 360 hardware from the beginning. Rockstar stated they still haven't completely mastered the Cell, just imagine what they will be able to achieve when they are fully adapted with GTA V on Blu-Ray disc. 8-)
I very much doubt another Gta brought out on disc this gen.

You do know there were 5 GTA games last generation.  Unless you are talking about the 360 where R* said that GTA5 is too big for it.

gebx said:
Well I'd hope so... lets not forget that R* had to delay the game 5 months to finish the PS3 version...

That's an over-simplification in the grossest sense. PS3 technical hurdles "were a contributing factor" to the delay. They were working on the 360 version as well. Just look at the second trailer - the frame rate is pure shit. The game seriously benefitted from the delay, regardless of version.

ya where did we get 5 months from? source?