By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - EGM Reviews GTA IV...." PS3 Version looks slightly more vibrant and sharp"

haha. this is just funny now, i knew this would happen. ps3 has always had crappy ports of games and 360 fanboys would blab on about how the little change in visuals made the game SO much better. now the ps3 looks a bit sharper in one of the biggest games of the year and now it doesnt mean anything. suck it up 360 fanboys, at least i could admit that the ps3 got crappy ports for the last year!

Around the Network

@disolitude

WHEN please tell me did I ever make a big deal out of it...

If its a big deal saying "finally a decent port" then whatever..

I even said later on despite version the game is AAAA

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

This is the fifth or sixth time I've heard a source saying the PS3 version looks better, looks like it's official! Good news for PS3 owners, they get better graphics and motion sensing, so it's superior to the 360 version in a few ways.
I already had the PS3 version on pre-order instead of the 360, so this is good to know.

darthdevidm, please post the rumors section as well :)

@The God Of War

Well some people are still under the impression the Ps3 & *360 Arcade* users are only getting

GTA IV Prologue..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

Reviews:

Mario Kart Wii - B+, C+, C
Good: A few great new tracks and powerups
Bad: Dumbed-down gameplay, predictable design

Blast Works: Build, Trade, Destroy - A, A-, B-
Good: Rich level/object editor
Bad: That's pretty much if after beating the campaign

Castle of Shikigami III - C+, C+, B-
Good: It's a shoot-em-up on Wii
Bad: It's too short and too tough

UEFA Euro 2008 - B+, B+, A
Good: Through passes finally work, online integration
Bad: Goalkeepers are unnaturally good

NBA Ballers: Chosen One - D+, D, C
Good: Chuck D live in studio, brings the noise
Bad: The lame "into the crowd and back" pass

Grand Theft Auto IV - A+, A+, A
Good: World, relationships, story
Bad: Some missions canned, control takes getting used to
PS3 or 360 version: 360 for DLC, PS3 version looks slightly more

man mario kart suffer really badly like it would be a bad game;/ worst mario kart in kart series is still probably a better game than any best-game in every non nintendo series.

oh yeah, if rockstar would make a toilet paper with gta 5 name on it, this paper still would be managed to be an AAA 10/10 title by every magazine and game site and will sell more than any other game or even a toilet paper for 59.99$. i still didn't figured that out how can rockstar make everytime the same game with slightly improved graphic and still selling it like hotcakes with 9-10/10 scores?

someday you will mention my words. 

Expected based on various previews (more realistic looking, including less aliasing issues). But did they state anything with regard to the rumoured slightly better framerate on the PS3 and more activity (more people and cars in scenes)?

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Im with Montana. The EGM staff still thinks the PS3 (and more so the Wii) is a waste of $.

Either Shane wrote it or its true. It could be better even if he wrote it. I don't really care. I don't like GTA games at all.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

If you have both consoles and choose the PS3 version because it's more vibrant over hours more potential content on the 360, frankly you are a fool.

It's good to see that otherwise the versions are mostly identical for people who only own one console.

disolitude said:
Sounds like someone at EGM didn't really have a positive for the PS3 version and he pulled it out of his ass.

"360 has DLC...while PS3 has...*turning down focus on his TV*...SHARPER VISUALS!!!!!""

Can we make like a front page banner for this guys post? We got sales sections, amazon sections, why not a comedy section for fanboys in denial? Watching this guy in disbelief sure made me smile, lol.

BTW this is the third or so review saying the PS3 version is better. Also the screen shots do show quite a big difference between the two titles. PS3 is like a movie, 360 is like a cartoon. No one wants to admit it, but the differences are pretty big, unless the screenshots I saw were fake.

Well all know for sure in a few days, but so far it doesnt look like GTAIV is going to be "owned" by the 360. It actually appears the exact opposite will happen.