By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Official Switch 2 Name

Nintendo Switcheroo

Pem won't buy just 2, he'll buy 10. Especially if it comes with a boxing game.

Around the Network
EricHiggin said:

Nintendo Switcheroo

Pem won't buy just 2, he'll buy 10. Especially if it comes with a boxing game.

Nintendo Electric BoogaSwitchaloo!

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

There are only three likely options
1. Nintendo pulls something out of left field that either still has Switch in the title or doesn't and it's something almost no one predicted.
2. Switch 2: Learning from PlayStation.
3. Super Switch: A tribute to the Super Famicom/SNES and how it succeeded the Famicom/NES.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Switch Extra. Or SEX for short.

Nintendo Switch Series II

NSS2

Around the Network
JWeinCom said:

Switch U.

I think to a minor degree that would have a small negative impact....
also it would leave us all scratching our heads going "Have you learnt nothing from your past?".

I don't see whats wrong with sticking to convention, and doing the obvious thing, and picking a easy to understand, consumer focused name.

Grow the Switch brand, as the core idea, of the switch is still there.
Its a key feature.

Then just toss in a 2, so people that aren't tech savvy all understand its the next in line for the switch.

Time to stop playing silly games with names, to your own detriment.

JRPGfan said:
JWeinCom said:

Switch U.

I think to a minor degree that would have a small negative impact....
also it would leave us all scratching our heads going "Have you learnt nothing from your past?".

I don't see whats wrong with sticking to convention, and doing the obvious thing, and picking a easy to understand, consumer focused name.

Grow the Switch brand, as the core idea, of the switch is still there.
Its a key feature.

Then just toss in a 2, so people that aren't tech savvy all understand its the next in line for the switch.

Time to stop playing silly games with names, to your own detriment.

What if Nin tried to remain creative and do both? Something like:

Switch Too

or 

Switch TU

Nintendo Switch Version 2 (don't actually ever spell out "version" though, just use the short form)

Nintendo Switch V2
NSV2

If by some chance they ended up with a 6th version eventually, they could call it:
Switch VI  (instead of V6)

Not just Switch V though for V5 because that would be too confusing.

Always liked "The Nintendo" as a name for a system that incorporates tech from pretty much every previous system.

I think they will call it Switch UP.

JWeinCom said:

Switch U.

I was about to say ahahah

or Switch U2

Switch!!!