By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you or would you buy a console for one exclusive? (poll)

I bought/would buy a system for one exclusive...

Yes. 25 55.56%

No. 20 44.44%

Total:45

I bought a PS4 Pro for the Shadow of the Colossus remake.

Around the Network
Machina said:

I bought a PS4 Pro for the Shadow of the Colossus remake.

Nice one. I very much went indept with this title and checked between my older 1080p TV and even with supersmapling mode on the pro. The update was significant. However the frames were the issue, like it was a MASSIVE upgrade on PRO but it came with serious downsides. In my opinion after analysis I'd go with the PS4 pro, the FPS doesn't matter to the game at all, the game game could be smoggy as all hell and it doesn't effect my experience. Just because the way it plays. Infact I like it to be more sluggish in fps for some odd reason. 

I used to buy Nintendo handhelds for Pokemon. The Switch is the exception, oddly enough, as the console is excellent, yet the Pokemon games are weaker than ever.

Last edited by Darwinianevolution - on 19 September 2024

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Unless the platform is as cheap as said exclusive (which almost never happens unless its old platforms that don't carry a ton of value), no way.
I knew Wii U was not the best purchase in 2014 because a lot of writing was on the wall by then. However, I bought it for Mario Kart 8, Super Mario 3D World, and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U. And I knew I would play other games too. That's not just one exclusive, but a case of about 2-3 exclusives being enough.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

I bought a PS4, hoping for a new god of war game.

Now since eventually PS games will be ported to PC I'm sticking with PC and happy to waitt as there are plenty of other great games

Around the Network

Yes and no. I've bought a couple of consoles for an exclusive that was available at that time, but was completely aware there were other known about exclusives that were eventually going to release that I absolutely knew I wanted to get.

But that would primarily be the Xbox 360 for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and the Switch for Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

I bought a GameCube for Metroid Prime. Even if all I ever did was play that one game it would have been worth it to me. It brought me back to Nintendo after skipping out on the N64 and I’ve never looked back.

That’s probably the only case, though. Sony would have to have like 3-4 must plays for me and Xbox would have to have 8-10 for me to consider purchasing one of their consoles.

I tried for Xbo360, waste of money.

I always own multiple games on every console.

That said, a Mario, Zelda, or other great exclusive are why I buy consoles. Multiplatform games are nice bonuses but are by and large not adequate reasons for me to buy systems.

I do not think I have, but I definitely would given the right game.