By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Nintendo Switch 2 leaked factory images/specs/renders

160rmf said:

Now that I saw the images... I can conclude that is totally fake. Why people do this btw? Attention? Put pressure on Nintendo? Spare time? Guess we will never know...

The leaker is known to do reverse engineering. This means that the render images were made with the help of the hardware parts he had.

Around the Network
firebush03 said:
Mar1217 said:

Well then prepare yourself to be "shocked" because this isn't a real leak. This "leak" is just a mockup based on an older PCB model (from my understanding). The leaker is also very inconsistent because they keep changing their story.

People need to calm their shit down asap because "leaks" are about to be an occurrence much more frequently right now. 

Edit : To slightly reiterate on what I've said, it would seem like the shots of the board come from an earlier prototype from last year. 

So technically maybe real, but good chances this isn't gonna be the current design anyway.

So we're really pedaling in muddy waters as I said.

You are responding to a knee-jerk comment I left at 9am. Yes, I know that the 3D renders are not real, and yes, I am aware that the physical prototype comes from an accessory manufacturer. Whether this prototype will be the actual system, it will very likely not for the exact reason you said: This is a prototype from 2023.

Your comment reads a little hostile? Is this intended?

edit: Just fixed the original comment btw. I’m sorry if I was a little too excited with that comment, I understand how annoying that behavior can be. :/

Does it ? Huh, I only truly referenced that first part of your comment in a tongue cheeky way, but it wasn't suppose to sound hostile to someone in particular. 

My general comment is more about how people tend to go overboard too fast when these type of threads start. 

Though is fine, your original comment was indeed early on. Can't blame ya for acting like this right on the spot. I'm just more cautious with this type of news personally.

So, on Nintendo's side of the ordeal of a Switch succ reveal. It's probably not happening this week since we're past Wednesday evening now ... And likely not next week because of Zelda and the other after because of TGS ...

See y'all in October for maybe actual Switch 2 real news !

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Friend said the PCB is upside down.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Chrkeller said:
Manlytears said:

For those saying things like "Switch 2 has more memory than the Series S and the GPU is at a similar level...", please hold your expectations. Remember the CPU, I highly doubt the Switch 2's CPU will come remotely close to the series' CPU.

Maybe I'm wrong, but imho, Switch 2 will not have performance close to Series S, far from it.

And the S2's ram will be half the speed of the series s.

It isn't going to be as powerful as a current generation home console.  Still a huge jump over what we currently have, which is nice.  

That's true, the type of RAM and the other specs of a platform is more important than just the amount of RAM.

Switch 2 apparently has 2 GB more of RAM than Series S but I don't see it in handheld mode replicating the performance of Series S at all. 

PS Vita had more RAM than PS3 but was a weaker platform. 

Steam Deck has 16 GB RAM, but it's weaker RAM and the specs overall are much weaker than PS5 and Series X.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 161 million (was 73 million, then 96 million, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million, then 156 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

In PC terms it's like a 1050 Ti for docked mode vs. an RX 570 for Xbox, so the Series S will be comfortably ahead. It's not even a matter of Nintendo being cheap, the power constraints are simply too much to overcome in this case.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
firebush03 said:

You are responding to a knee-jerk comment I left at 9am. Yes, I know that the 3D renders are not real, and yes, I am aware that the physical prototype comes from an accessory manufacturer. Whether this prototype will be the actual system, it will very likely not for the exact reason you said: This is a prototype from 2023.

Your comment reads a little hostile? Is this intended?

edit: Just fixed the original comment btw. I’m sorry if I was a little too excited with that comment, I understand how annoying that behavior can be. :/

Does it ? Huh, I only truly referenced that first part of your comment in a tongue cheeky way, but it wasn't suppose to sound hostile to someone in particular. 

My general comment is more about how people tend to go overboard too fast when these type of threads start. 

I’ll be completely honest in saying that I take offense too easily at times lol. If you meant no hostility, then that means my brain had just gotten to me (i.e. it’s on me). No worries.

Something to take into account when it comes to the Switch 2 storage space, assuming the leak is correct at 256GB.
If you have to install games to the onboard SSD, it's not going to be anything like PS4, PS5, XB1, or XBS. Those game installs are painfully slow because of the optical drive.
Switch 2 carts will be able to transfer incredibly faster than an optical drive. You're not going to have to wait 20-60 minutes while installing games. Most Nin games would likely only be a 2-5 minute wait.
If you've ever transferred a game from one SSD to another SSD, it's insanely fast. Switch 2 will be way closer to that compared to PS4, PS5, XB1, or XBS.
So for those who would be willing to carry around their Switch 2 carts, or the one's they'd most likely play, they wouldn't necessarily need (to add) more storage.

haxxiy said:

In PC terms it's like a 1050 Ti for docked mode vs. an RX 570 for Xbox, so the Series S will be comfortably ahead. It's not even a matter of Nintendo being cheap, the power constraints are simply too much to overcome in this case.

It really depends on what the process node of the chip will be. 

If it is on a 5nm node, then RTX 2050 30W level performance is doable (given that the 2050 is produced on an 8nm node.) An RTX 2050 30W is about 20% faster than a GTX 1050ti (desktop) and 15% slower than an RX 570.

That's about a quarter-tier performance difference, about half of the difference between a GTX 1650 and GTX 1650 Super.

And the Switch 2 has advantages when it comes to ray-tracing, DLSS, and memory capacity. 

sc94597 said:
haxxiy said:

It really depends on what the process node of the chip will be. 

If it is on a 5nm node, then RTX 2050 30W level performance is doable (given that the 2050 is produced on an 8nm node.) An RTX 2050 30W is about 20% faster than a GTX 1050ti (desktop) and 15% slower than an RX 570.

That's about a quarter-tier performance difference, about half of the difference between a GTX 1650 and GTX 1650 Super.

And the Switch 2 has advantages when it comes to ray-tracing, DLSS, and memory capacity. 

There was also a source who said that Switch 2 will run at much higher clocks when docked than we were previously lead to believe, so performance when docked probably won't be far behind Series S at all, especially since DLSS is superior to the FSR used on many Series S games. Load times will probably be a bit longer though, 2100 MB/s storage is a bit slower than the 2400 MB/s drive in Series S, and Xbox's velocity architecture improves that speed with it's dedicated compression/decompression block, up to double the speed (a max of 4800 MB/s).

The same source said that Switch 2 in handheld mode will be clocked quite a bit lower, lower compared to docked than Switch 1. Supposedly Nintendo is caring more about battery life in handheld mode this time around, they want longer than the battery life on Switch 1 and longer than the battery life on PC handheld rivals like the Steam Deck and Asus ROG Ally. I'm guessing games will probably aim for something like native 720p DLSS'd up to 1440p when docked, native 360p DLSS'd up to 720p in handheld mode (as we previously heard Switch 2 may have a 720p screen again).

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 19 September 2024

Wman1996 said:
Chrkeller said:

And the S2's ram will be half the speed of the series s.

It isn't going to be as powerful as a current generation home console.  Still a huge jump over what we currently have, which is nice.  

That's true, the type of RAM and the other specs of a platform is more important than just the amount of RAM.

Switch 2 apparently has 2 GB more of RAM than Series S but I don't see it in handheld mode replicating the performance of Series S at all. 

PS Vita had more RAM than PS3 but was a weaker platform. 

Steam Deck has 16 GB RAM, but it's weaker RAM and the specs overall are much weaker than PS5 and Series X.

Exactly.  I never understood why people want to compare mobile to home hardware.  It isn't a fair comparison.

Sticking with your example, Rog Ally X has more RAM than the ps5 pro.  Performances are night and day.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED