Team ICO (Ico/Shadow of the Colossus) 36 8.43%

Total:427

Shadow of the Colossus

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network

I feel like I had relatively few PS2 games, but of the ones I did play, Metal Gear Solid 2 and Final Fantasy X are my favourites, and they still rank among my favourite games ever, and probably also the best games in their series (although note that I've missed a lot of Final Fantasy games despite also having played many).

I've also got to mention the Dynasty Warriors games. Of the (main) DW games on PS2, I only missed DW4, and I really enjoyed the rest. I think DW5 takes the win, although there are elements in DW3 that I liked more. Particularly the bodyguard system felt more immersive in DW2 and DW3 than it did in DW5.

Any system that have Resident Evil 4 released on it will top my list, even if the PS2 version is the worst version I have played it is still the best game on the system.

Other games I really enjoy on PS2 is Ico, Shadow of the Colossus, Okami and Kingdom Hearts (actually prefer the first game over the second one by quite a lot).

For me, toss up between Tekken 5 and Final Fantasy 12... or maybe Valkyrie Profile 2.

Hmm, pie.

Burnout 3: Takedown, Kingdom Hearts II and Tekken 4 are my favourites on the system.

Soul Calibur III would also be on the list if it hadn't that damn memory card bug which wipes contents of it when you switch games.

Around the Network
Eric2048 said:

1. Final Fantasy X 

2. Final Fantasy XII

3. Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenal

4. Kingdom Hearts 2

5. GTA: San Andreas

those are my favorites but there are Lots more i could mention like God Of War, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper, etc that i loved.

You have great tastes sir.

LegitHyperbole said:

Time splitters future perfect

You see this is available on PSN now?

Side note, these threads are always fascinating as a show of how the industry has changed. So many people are listing Japanese made games as their favourites. Not sure that would be the same after the PS2 gen.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
LegitHyperbole said:

Time splitters future perfect

You see this is available on PSN now?

Side note, these threads are always fascinating as a show of how the industry has changed. So many people are listing Japanese made games as their favourites. Not sure that would be the same after the PS2 gen.

Yeah, I seen it popped up recently on premium. Not really interesred in playing, FPS controls are some of the worst aging I don't wanna ruin the game in my mind.

I took out games I've played since lime RE4 which would make it into the second spot. It's hard to figure if people are choosing games they were told were great and went back to play them or played updated versions on PS plus but I don't think it really matters. If the games are still good in current gen then that is more reason they deserve the praise and it just happens that a lot of those games happened to be Japanese. We didn't get to play them aroubd hear, very rarely would you even hear buzz about them aside from an article here and there in a magazine about how Monster Hunter is worth playing. I think the first time Japanese games made it into my world view outside of MGS and FF was the small group of people raving about Demon souls on the Internet, things indeed changed massively with the internet that, with loads of other titles getting western niche groups raving enough to bring in new western people, Valykerie chronicles, Neir, Ni no Kuni, souls etc. 

Favorite series, metal gear solid 2 and 3.

Most ground breaking / game changing would be gta3.

Most awe inspiring is shadow of collossus.

Most epic, god of war, dmc1