Kingdom Hearts 34 7.96%

Metal Gear Solid 37 8.67%

Okami 26 6.09%

Ratchet & Clank 29 6.79%

Resident Evil 43 10.07%

Soul Calibur 12 2.81%

Team ICO (Ico/Shadow of the Colossus) 36 8.43%

Total:427

Next up, PS2! What was your favorite game/series on the PS2? Again, most mentioned franchises will be put in a poll in a couple of days. 

My personal favorites were Ratchet & Clank (series), Katamari (series), God of War (series), Kingdom Hearts (series), Sly Cooper (series), annnd Jak & Daxter: the precursor legacy (I’ll be honest…2 wasn’t my favorite and so I just stopped playing the series). Oh yeah, and Shadow of the Colossus. 

Poll of the Week

2024 Results
Jan | Feb | March | April | May | June | July | Aug | Sept | Oct | Nov

Around the Network

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Metal Gear solid 2.

Other opinions for the poll. 

God Of War

Granturismo 4

Shadow of the colossus 

Time splitters future perfect

1. Shadow of the Colossus
  2. Final Fantasy X
  3. Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
  4. Persona 4
  5. Okami
  6. Kingdom Hearts II
  7. Star Ocean: Till the End of Time
  8. Tekken 5
  9. Soul Calibur III
  10. Ico

Best game: Resident Evil 4
Best exclusive: God of War 2
Best series: God of War

Around the Network

Objectively, it's probably GTA SA. But my vote goes to Shadow of the Colossus. That thing was on a whole other level.

Best game is really a hard pick, there are many games I consider 10/10 there.
I'll go with Shadow of the Colossus.
Best series born there is definitely God of War. Even as Disgaea was my favorite series for a lot of years.

Verry difficult since ps2 has the best gaming library of any console/handheld ever.

But to me ffx is the one

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

My dear dear PS2, unparalleled generational leap (Tekken Tag, GT3, MGS2), too many great games to count and more beloved games that I didn't get around to playing or finishing.

My favourite series on it were Tekken, Onimusha, Gran Turismo, Silent Hill, Jak, and GTA. Favorite game is Shadow of the Colossus, it's rare for an old console to release a technically mind-blowing game this late in the generation.

A few of my other top games of the generation include Zone of the Enders 2, Ico, FFX, and of course Devil May Cry 1 (the game that started this genre remains by far my most favourite).

Who else played DMC at launch?

Last edited by Kyuu - on 15 September 2024

So many great games to pick from. I guess my pick would technically be Resident Evil 4, but if we’re focused on experiences unique to PS2, I would select Ico.

It’s one of most immersive, captivating, and memorable games I’ve ever played. A perfect synthesis of gameplay and emotion, where the storytelling is intertwined with the mechanics, instead of being layered on top of them.