By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Digital Foundry: Hellblade II - "A defining moment in the evolution of realtime graphics"

This may be a "sales" website but this thread specifically is a Microsoft Discussion forum, a subtopic thread, focused on the technical aspects of the game. If you want to talk about sales then go and make a thread about the sales instead of being lazy and dragging it into another thread.

It's annoying to come into a thread which is solely focused on the technical aspect of things, only to see "BUT TANGO! BOMBA! STUDIO IN TROUBLE RIP!" narratives, are we not able to just focus on the topic at hand and discuss that? Are we not able to celebrate the positives? Instead we need to drown out that out with off-topic dooming.

If this thread was about Hellblade in general it wouldn't be off-topic but it's not, it's about the technical side.

Also, DreamcastGuy is the last guy you should be listening to, dude is an absolute clown.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 25 May 2024

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

This is a "sales" website. This is a Microsoft Discussion forum, a subtopic thread, focused on the technical aspects of the game. If you want to talk about sales then go and make a thread about the sales instead of being lazy and dragging it into another thread.

It's annoying to come into a thread which is solely focused on the technical aspect of things, only to see "BUT TANGO! BOMBA! STUDIO IN TROUBLE RIP!" narratives, are we not able to just focus on the topic at hand and discuss that? Instead we need to drown out that out with off-topic discussion, if this thread was about Hellblade in general it wouldn't be off-topic but it's not, it's about the technical side.

Also, DreamcastGuy is the last guy you should be listening to, dude is an absolute clown.

I'll make a "Hellblade 2 is Bombing" thread if that's what you want ... I just question the need for it, topics about individual games tend to encompass all aspects of that game so you don't have 10 threads about one game, and on a sales website that is invariably going to part of the conversation. That happens for like almost every game. 

Last edited by Soundwave - on 25 May 2024

Soundwave said:
Ryuu96 said:

This is a "sales" website. This is a Microsoft Discussion forum, a subtopic thread, focused on the technical aspects of the game. If you want to talk about sales then go and make a thread about the sales instead of being lazy and dragging it into another thread.

It's annoying to come into a thread which is solely focused on the technical aspect of things, only to see "BUT TANGO! BOMBA! STUDIO IN TROUBLE RIP!" narratives, are we not able to just focus on the topic at hand and discuss that? Instead we need to drown out that out with off-topic discussion, if this thread was about Hellblade in general it wouldn't be off-topic but it's not, it's about the technical side.

I'll make a "Hellblade 2 is bombing" thread if that's what you want ... I just question the need for it, topics about individual games tend to encompass all aspects of that game so you don't have 10 threads about one game, and on sales forum that is invariably going to part of the conversation. That happens for like almost every game. 

Do you see anywhere in the OP it focused on anything but the technical side of the game? Do you see it in the title? Maybe people should make separate threads? Site is dead enough as it is, would be good if people actually got off their asses and made some threads, Lol. If it was "Hellblade OT" then it'd be fine, if it was in a thread about Hellblade's launch trailer, I'd probably let it slide too cause it's linked to marketing.

This thread is so damn specific though, it's focused solely on Digital Foundry's technical analysis of the game, it feels however like the discussion is quickly going to be drowned out by "Ninja Theory doomed, BOMBA" hot-takes instead of actually discussing the topic at hand, nobody will bother listening to the video and instead get into a debate about sales, the technical side of things won't be discussed, instead it'll be people dooming.

It's very easy to be negative, how about we just try celebrating something positive?

Soundwave said:
Chrkeller said:

It is a shame we can't celebrate a beautiful game but instead elect to fight console wars.

Nothing to do with "console wars", this is (not sure if people remember this) a *sales* forum last time I checked. The commercial aspects of games and consoles is invariably almost always part of the discussion, it's being talked about everywhere:

Hopefully this studio isn't shut down because that probably is a real possibility at this point. 

You're really using Dreamcastguy to make a point? lol. He give the first game a 9/10 but sequel is a 4/10...sure. His content is actually bad and it's basically a guarantee he will say something incorrect or misleading in every video he releases. 

A reaction video from asmongold with a misleading title since Hellblade 2 isn't AAA. Nice.

You might as well post an Angryjoe review to come full circle. 

Never. Ever. Ever. Ever. Watch a Youtube video with some generic-looking asshole with a white outline big bold text and a fake reaction thumbnail.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

So DF's "Frankenstein's Console PC" with hardware similar to PS5 + Xbox Series X can handle 2560x1440 gameplay (medium settings) "in the high 50s" and the most demanding cutscenes "in the 40s".

Therefore a 120Hz/40fps performance mode 2560x1440 (medium settings) should be no problem on Xbox Series X, maybe even a 120Hz/40fps performance mode 2560x1440 with medium-high settings.

Echoing Ryuu, can we please refrain from derailing into "Hellblade bomba/Xbox bad" territory? This isn't the thread for that conversation. This is specifically about the game's graphics. 

And holy shit those graphics.

curl-6 said:

Echoing Ryuu, can we please refrain from derailing into "Hellblade bomba/Xbox bad" territory? This isn't the thread for that conversation. This is specifically about the game's graphics. 

Truly stunning.  I really need to give the game a go.  I might grab it after I clear PM.  

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

curl-6 said:

Is the CA getting dialed up as the game goes on? If it gets any more intense I feel like I need to put on 3D glasses.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:
curl-6 said:

Is the CA getting dialed up as the game goes on? If it gets any more intense I feel like I need to put on 3D glasses.

Actually I was looking to see it myself and didn't notice much of it until I looked at the 3rd screenshot on the upper middle. The rocks are basked in a blue underline lol. 2nd screenshot as some of it too in the detailed foliage.

Is really supposed to make it more immersive or is it there because it saves on performance ? 

Though, this isn't what I'd considered a breaker, cmon, let's not exaggerate too much there.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909