By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo to announce Switch's successor this FY, Switch 1 Direct coming in June

I want Zelda versus Rabbids.

i7-13700k

Vengeance 32 gb

RTX 4090 Ventus 3x E OC

Switch OLED

Around the Network

Where is Rhythnm Heaven announcement?

curl-6 said:

A Warriors game is actually a safe bet I reckon.

We've seen 4 of them on Switch already, and since they made a BOTW Warriors title (Age of Calamity) I wouldn't be surprised if they're making a TOTK one too.

Even with some of the debate circling around the authenticity of AoC story. It kind of would be wild to see them make an ambitious sequel with the rune mechanics in mind. 

Though, it'll also be wild if they just made a warrior spin off for another Nintendo franchise, like you know ... Animal Crossing ?/s

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Mar1217 said:
curl-6 said:

A Warriors game is actually a safe bet I reckon.

We've seen 4 of them on Switch already, and since they made a BOTW Warriors title (Age of Calamity) I wouldn't be surprised if they're making a TOTK one too.

Even with some of the debate circling around the authenticity of AoC story. It kind of would be wild to see them make an ambitious sequel with the rune mechanics in mind. 

Though, it'll also be wild if they just made a warrior spin off for another Nintendo franchise, like you know ... Animal Crossing ?/s

I would be shocked if we never get a Xenoblade Warriors

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
Mar1217 said:

I would be shocked if we never get a Xenoblade Warriors

Yes, but that's for Monolith Soft and Nintendo to decide. 

Maybe they'd prefer prioritizing other franchise for such projects. 

Zelda and FE worked well enough with the formula thus far. They could still continue with these two or try another one of their franchise at it like Mario, Kirby or ... Even Star Fox, I mean they pitch the later one once back then, they could try again.

Around the Network

Anyone got an estimated date and time for the June Direct?

CaptainExplosion said:

Anyone got an estimated date and time for the June Direct?

They typically take place on a Wednesday or Thursday.

Directs also usually don't happen very early or very late in the month, so the 12th-13th and 19th-20th are your best bet.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 May 2024

I definitely think the Direct will be on the 19th. It's the same point of the month in which we had a direct last June. Also, next week would be too soon in my opinion. The week after that has a lot going on with Xbox & SGF. And then the final week has Luigi's Mansion 2 HD releasing.

Mid to late June sounds the most appropriate time for them.

Last year Nintendo held a Direct on June 21, so this year will probably be around the same time. They announced Super Mario Bros. Wonder, the Super Mario RPG remake, and more at the June 2023 Direct. So we will likely get the big holiday 2024 Switch game announced.

VGChartz Sales Analyst and Writer - William D'Angelo - I stream on Twitch and have my own YouTubeFollow me on Twitter @TrunksWD.

Writer of the Sales Comparison | Weekly Hardware Breakdown Top 10 | Weekly Sales Analysis | Marketshare Features, as well as daily news on the Video Game Industry.